New Kubota Tractor Purchase

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #92  
I guess I’m blissfully ignorant of the need for 6 ranges. I’ve been able to do anything I need with 3.
I think this depends on terrain and how you use the tractor.

I deal with a lot of slope where I am which requires that I often have to stop and shift from H to M on my 3 range HST. With the HST+ 6 range, I can shift from H+ to H- on the fly without stopping. A big time saver for me anyway. I can see where HST+ isn't necessary for everyone though.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #93  
I think this depends on terrain and how you use the tractor.

I deal with a lot of slope where I am which requires that I often have to stop and shift from H to M on my 3 range HST. With the HST+ 6 range, I can shift from H+ to H- on the fly without stopping. A big time saver for me anyway. I can see where HST+ isn't necessary for everyone though.
Yeah, I really don’t have much slope, and typically only use M and L. I only use H on roads, which I don’t do often.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #94  
I bought a [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] M7060HD12 three years ago. I have about 400 hours on it. I also bought a bucket, grapple, brush cutter, and tree saw. I am extremely happy with my tractor. I wouldn't change a thing.

My recommendation is to make sure you get a big enough tractor for your needs now, and anticipated in the future. I was worried that the M7060 was a little too big for my needs. Turns out that it is just right. I think buying a tractor or building a garage are similar in that you always wish you had bought a bigger one.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #95  
I guess I’m blissfully ignorant of the need for 6 ranges. I’ve been able to do anything I need with 3.
Looking like I’ll be trading my L4740 for an MX6000 so adding couple points to an old post. Primary use (80%?) is rotary cutting approx 15 acres with some box blade & plowing.
*M6060 is in the neighborhood of 1100 lbs heavier than MX6000.
This was a big factor in my decision to eliminate the M6060. We often cut when ground is wet & soft making ruts with the 4740
* I enjoy playing in dirt, & not having the Grand L rabbit & turtle option while box blading with the MX is going to be sorely missed.
*The MX bigger front tires (R4) are a definite + compared to the L.
*After speccing rear remote, & air seat for the MX, it wasn’t a big price difference comparing it to the M6060 where those features are standard. I really feel the M6060 is a lot more tractor but again weight is a factor for me, not just in the pasture but if I would ever have to trailer it somewhere my 1/2 ton pickup wouldn’t handle it.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #96  
Me, I'll stick with my pre 4 M9's. One they have been paid for, for years. two they have no emissions junk to worry about and 3, both are turned up a bit as in 15% over stock. I read on here about how the new post 4 tractors are more fuel efficient but I don't see how when they inject raw fuel in the DPF on regen to burn off the accumulated carbon. I don't have any of that fuel being wasted for the EPA.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #97  
Me, I'll stick with my pre 4 M9's. One they have been paid for, for years. two they have no emissions junk to worry about and 3, both are turned up a bit as in 15% over stock. I read on here about how the new post 4 tractors are more fuel efficient but I don't see how when they inject raw fuel in the DPF on regen to burn off the accumulated carbon. I don't have any of that fuel being wasted for the EPA.
The Regen burn off does seem ironic at best. I think they do it so they can say look it burns clean for 20 hours and then we reburn the little nasties we held back when we told you it was burning clean.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #98  
Looking like I’ll be trading my L4740 for an MX6000 so adding couple points to an old post. Primary use (80%?) is rotary cutting approx 15 acres with some box blade & plowing.
This was a big factor in my decision to eliminate the M6060. We often cut when ground is wet & soft making ruts with the 4740
* I enjoy playing in dirt, & not having the Grand L rabbit & turtle option while box blading with the MX is going to be sorely missed.
*After speccing rear remote, & air seat for the MX, it wasn’t a big price difference comparing it to the M6060 where those features are standard. I really feel the M6060 is a lot more tractor but again weight is a factor for me, not just in the pasture but if I would ever have to trailer it somewhere my 1/2 ton pickup wouldn’t handle it.

Keep in mind that loading the rear tires of an MX6000 adds about 1176lbs of weight, or the difference between the M6060 vs MX6000.

I seriously considered the M7060 or M6060 tractor compared to the MX6000, but ultimately chose the MX because I wanted an HST transmission. The MX6000 is the maximum tractor you can get from Kubota with a hydrostatic transmission. Frankly, the M60 series is far "more" tractor...for one thing, you are getting the 3.3L I4 instead of the 2.4L I4 in the MX. Even though the horsepower is similar, the MX engine is cranked all the way up while the M60 is understressed. The M60 also has considerably larger tires and a couple of additional features on the instrument cluster more similar to the Grand L. That said, I do slope flail mowing and wanted the very precise and effortless control of the HST while on steep slopes and near water. And so far, I'm happy. The A/C condenser screen is poor quality and needs to be cleaned frequently, and the cab could use a bit more insulation, but the three range transmission is working fine for me. I miss the Grand L's digital cruise control probably the most, followed by the very informative message center.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #99  
I love my MX6000. I think you will like it. It is a basic tractor, but seems to have most of the important features such as telescoping lift arms, cruise control, electric operated pto, brakes on left, and no clutch. As you noted, the larger front wheels really add to stability and ride comfort.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #100  
The Regen burn off does seem ironic at best. I think they do it so they can say look it burns clean for 20 hours and then we reburn the little nasties we held back when we told you it was burning clean.
Exactly...and then you have to pay to have the loaded element cleaned or buy a new one. Not for me at all.