New Kid . . Old Tractor Guy

/ New Kid . . Old Tractor Guy #1  

Boomerboy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
Wow! I woke up and found myself in this forum! I hope you can accept a new kid from another forum.

I just watched my 17 year old tractor (1003 hrs.) being hauled off back to the dealer for good. I loved that thing to death. But certain parts have let me down, so off she went back to the home barn; used her as a trade on a new B2650 w/ 60" MMM and 60" FEL. I can't believe I will have ORANGE in my garage, instead of the other guy. But all good things must come to an end, and thus begins my new chapter. The guys and gals in the last forum took good care of me for 17 yrs. I trust you guys and gals will do the same, as seat time is seat time no matter what is under you. I'm looking forward to all of your insights and advice to keep my new baby running smoothly; and maybe a few tall tales, too. So here we go . . . . . . . . .

/ New Kid . . Old Tractor Guy #2  
Welcome to the forum. However, you should know that until you buy at least 20 Kubota Tractors, you may not be an expert.

/ New Kid . . Old Tractor Guy #3  
:welcome: I am certain you find this forum a great experience, Many gr8 members, lots of expert advice, and lots a good stories. Congrats on your new tractor! Glad to see you came to your senses on the color! : )

/ New Kid . . Old Tractor Guy #4  
Pull up rocking chair w/all of anytime and do share...CONGRATS on your new investment. :thumbsup:

/ New Kid . . Old Tractor Guy #5  
Welcome to TBN. Some great people here. We certainly have a lot of changes in so many companies in my life time. I grew up with Ford, Massey Ferguson, John Deere, International being the brands most here had. Then add Oliver, Allis Chambers and Case. Saw a import from time to time, here Long was the brand and then Kubota. Today we have no Ford, International Harvest, Allis Chambers, Oliver and Massey I understand has no factories of their own. Case is no longer a US company. It sure is a changing world. This do know still the American Farmer do a great job.

/ New Kid . . Old Tractor Guy
Thanks all for the WELCOME! I have been on TractorByNet for 17 years, just in another color. They guys and gals I left behind are also great people, and love their seat time as well.

I have come to realize that, unless I interfere, God takes back the land; in His own time, but indeed, everyday I have to go out and fight to keep it as I choose, for now. But I know He is patient with me, allowing me to win a little, but ultimately He takes it back, because it really never was mine anyway. Thanks.

So here I go; learning another piece of equipment that will help me survive the fight; drop the deck, change the filter, fix the light, a few new attachments (maybe). I will try to learn from you all, and share what works and what I probably should be embarrassed about.

/ New Kid . . Old Tractor Guy #8  
Welcome to THIS side of the TBN forum...!!! Glad to have you join us...!!!

If the ones you left behind on the other side don't holler out to you to just say hello once in awhile, then they wern`t really your true friends. On the orange side, there are some super nice and VERY knowledgeable people here, and most will drop what they`re doing just to help you out. I still consider myself a newbie here even though i`ve been around tractors all my life. I might be old, but i`m always willing to learn from some of the guys here.

What brought me to the orange side, was the fact that kubota builds everything for their BX series tractors right here in the good ole USA. I`ve owned john deere`s all my life, but when i saw where their FEL & BH where made (MEXICO), thats when i walked away and bought the orange paint. (2017 BX23S - FEL/BH/MMM) I am so impressed with this orange tractor, cant seem to stop working it...lol.

The only upgrade`s i`ve done so far to mine: (bought mine May 2017)
1) optional front bucket cutter blade. ($120) (saves the welded one on the bucket from wear & tear, and adds additional strength to the bucket)
2) added a diesel fuel filter water separator kit... its mounted to the left side of the frame just ahead of the floor pan, this eliminates the filter under the tractor.

Enjoy that new orange... your going to be very pleased with it.

/ New Kid . . Old Tractor Guy #9  
Wow! I woke up and found myself in this forum! I hope you can accept a new kid from another forum.

I just watched my 17 year old tractor (1003 hrs.) being hauled off back to the dealer for good. I loved that thing to death. But certain parts have let me down, so off she went back to the home barn; used her as a trade on a new B2650 w/ 60" MMM and 60" FEL. I can't believe I will have ORANGE in my garage, instead of the other guy. But all good things must come to an end, and thus begins my new chapter. The guys and gals in the last forum took good care of me for 17 yrs. I trust you guys and gals will do the same, as seat time is seat time no matter what is under you. I'm looking forward to all of your insights and advice to keep my new baby running smoothly; and maybe a few tall tales, too. So here we go . . . . . . . . .

I hope you'll still frequent the NH forums. I'm sure you have lots of knowledge and experience that would be a big help to others.

I hope you'll still frequent the NH forums. I'm sure you have lots of knowledge and experience that would be a big help to others.

No issue there. I cruised thru earlier today. It is hard to let old haunts go!