New Ford Bronco

/ New Ford Bronco #1  

RidgeTopWVA

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4400
I like the looks of the new Ford Bronco and I have seen lots of them on the road , they must be one of the biggest selling Ford vehicles
I wonder if they will out sell the F-150 this year ?

/ New Ford Bronco #2  
Outsell the F150? Seriously doubt it.

For one thing, dealers around here have a $20,000 to $30,000 "dealer surcharge" on each one so the average price is right around $80,000. For another, Ford is still having "supply chain issues" with parts to build the Broncos...some guys have been waiting 2 years now for units they've custom ordered.

I wanted one...until I started seeing all the reports of breakdowns. Engines blowing up. Front axles breaking. The windows in the doors don't have a channel to support them so people are reporting that at high speeds, if the wind is from the right direction it sucks the windows away from the body, leaving a gap and making a lot of noise.

Go to "Matt's Off-Road Recovery" YouTube channel and see how many he's had to drag out of the back country already.

/ New Ford Bronco #3  
At some point, Ford wanted to increase production to +100k/yr Broncos - that would still be a fraction of the ~700k/yr F series.

/ New Ford Bronco #4  
budlight.JPG

/ New Ford Bronco #6  
I was a long time made in America fan until the dealers started up charging thousands from MSRP. The American tax payer bailed them out a few years ago and this is how they treat their customers? No thanks.

Toyota or Honda will be my choice of vehicles to choose from the next time I buy.

/ New Ford Bronco #7  
I was a long time made in America fan until the dealers started up charging thousands from MSRP. The American tax payer bailed them out a few years ago and this is how they treat their customers? No thanks.

Toyota or Honda will be my choice of vehicles to choose from the next time I buy.
Bailed whom out?

/ New Ford Bronco #8  
Bailed whom out?
GM and Chrysler in 2008 to the tune of 17 billion. Ford didn't have it's hand out then but today, has the business model that thinks they are doing us a favor by letting us buy their overpriced product.

/ New Ford Bronco #9  
GM and Chrysler in 2008 to the tune of 17 billion. Ford didn't have it's hand out then but today, has the business model that thinks they are doing us a favor by letting us buy their overpriced product.

Agreed on the GM "Government Motors", as for Ford or any supplier, the customer dictates the cost.

/ New Ford Bronco #10  

We purchased new and used Honda's and Toyota's for years but then we quit. After those poor experiences we now have a 2019 ranger and love it. Its better (so far). We still have a Element here but its breaking down plenty at 150K.

Last edited: