New B26

/ New B26 #1  

jbob81

Tractor
B2650 and BX2200
My local dealer has a new B26 TLB on the lot. I have been looking for one for a while and I am close to pulling the trigger on it. Is there any room to discount these machines these days? I know supply is still somewhat tight. The dealer is working the quote up today. I am just trying to gauge what I should be shooting for on the price. I am buying the unit outright, so no financing. Location is upstate NY.

Here are the details on the Unit.

New B26 TLB
60" Inch HD QA Bucket
Front Remotes
Rear Remote
Rear Hydro Thumb
18'" bucket for BH
3 point linkage kit
Rubber pads for BH

Any input is appreciated.

/ New B26 #2  
Might be a slight cash discount over financing but nothing is listed on the Kubota corp website that I see.

I doubt you will get much of a deal now...maybe in a year they will go down. Are you trading in the B2650?

/ New B26
Not sure if I am trading the B2650 yet. The dealer said it was probably worth about $17K, which is I think is a decent amount for a trade. The B2650 has a 72"MMM and loader. It only has 220 hours on it. I could probably get a bit more if I sell it myself, but if I trade it, it saves me on the sales tax. The B26 will be used on a new 7-acre property we just bought that needs extensive clean up.

/ New B26 #4  
Replaced our B20 after 25 years with a 2016 B26. We love the little tractor. Wife thinks it is hers which is fine. She does most the finish mowing. Sounds like the one you are looking at has most of the good options.

Should have work lights?

Backhoe buckets quick attach? Sweetest quick attach and heavier duty buckets vs the pin on.

My first thumb. Now wouldn’t have a backhoe without one.

Try to get shop and parts manuals thrown in. Filters, oil or next service.

If you can swap out 3pt sway chains for bar and pin type from another model?

My 60” HD front bucket came with an optional bolt on blade. EA makes a wicked blade to fit now. 54” wicked grapple is a great fit and is the most used front attachment.

Pallet forks? Sometimes dealer will add things at cost to close a deal.

We needed ballast in the rear tires as well as 2” extensions for stability and traction on our hillside. Think you need extensions for chains.

Whole list of customized modifications to help us work better and safer.

/ New B26 #5  
Not sure if I am trading the B2650 yet. The dealer said it was probably worth about $17K, which is I think is a decent amount for a trade. The B2650 has a 72"MMM and loader. It only has 220 hours on it. I could probably get a bit more if I sell it myself, but if I trade it, it saves me on the sales tax. The B26 will be used on a new 7-acre property we just bought that needs extensive clean up.

I'd probably keep it for a couple of reasons.
1. you know it, you know its maintenance and foibles.... and it will be worth 17K or more for another 5 years/500 hrs. So it doesn't cost you anything and probably won't depreciate - not sure I can say the same about dollars.

2. I think you are going to find that you always have a use for a 3pt tractor - especialy as you get older. You don't list any 3pt arms on your B26. Even if you did I think you may find as I do that although it is possible to take off the backhoe and put on the arms they are heavy, awkward, and not at all handy.
Plus we need the BH as a "lift it and put it" crane with hydraulic thumb all week long. Doing what we used to lift and carry whe younger.
The result is I don't take off the BH and put on the 3pt. I strain my back instead. Sure wish I had kept my older 3pt tractor.
Right now I would like to do some landscape racking, a little bit of back blading, and sure would like to do some garden tilling come spring. But all of those are 3pt. activities.
And I need the BH on for firewood.

3. When you are using the backhoe to dig, you need somewhere to pile dirt. That's OK some places, but not at all OK if where you are digging is next to the garden or on the lawn. A pile of dirt leaves a mess. If you are digging in a landscaped area, one of the best places to put that dirt is into the FEL bucket of another tractor. You won't believe how handy this is until you do it.

4. It's just fun to have his and hers tractors

rScotty

Last edited:
   / New B26 #6  
My local dealer has a new B26 TLB on the lot. I have been looking for one for a while and I am close to pulling the trigger on it. Is there any room to discount these machines these days? I know supply is still somewhat tight. The dealer is working the quote up today. I am just trying to gauge what I should be shooting for on the price. I am buying the unit outright, so no financing. Location is upstate NY.

Here are the details on the Unit.

New B26 TLB
60" Inch HD QA Bucket
Front Remotes
Rear Remote
Rear Hydro Thumb
18'" bucket for BH
3 point linkage kit
Rubber pads for BH

Any input is appreciated.

Oh, I see you did list the 3pt linkage kit. Yes, I'd get that 3pt kit just because it may not be available 30 years from now and it is nice to have. But keep another tractor for 3pt as I said.

On the bucket...what kind of dirt do you have and what do you plan to do with the BH? I have a 12" plus a larger bucket and find I use the smaller one mostly. But our soil is without clay and that is important with narrow buckets.
I would add to your list the printed shop and parts manual. And the hood protector if they make it for the smaller TLB.

/ New B26 #7  
Is there any room to discount these machines these days?
Kubota took away the 20% NCHA discount so I guess any discounts will be in the hands of the local dealer.

/ New B26
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I bought it this morning. I am keeping the B2650 for the time being. It will get used at one of our properties. I ended up adding a 12 inch BH Bucket. The QA BH bucket option and a QA 72 inch front plow for snow removal. I feel like the dealer put a decent deal on the machine. They ended up discounting it a bit. I also bought a zero-turn mower (non-Kubota) that they put a really nice discount on since it is the end of the season here.

Hopefully everything will be ready next week. The dealer said they have all the items in-stock so they just have to put it all together.

/ New B26 #9  
Waiting for the comparison review!

/ New B26 #10  
Love a happy ending! You will love it. Happy beginning too.

Last edited: