New 5740 Owner PTO Issues

/ New 5740 Owner PTO Issues
I agree I emailed a member who was at one point the go to person for a manual but haven't heard anything back. I will dig through the site you linked me to thanks!

/ New 5740 Owner PTO Issues #12  
I'm not sure that a service manual exists for Montana tractors. Your best bet is probably to use the parts diagram that somebody had linked to earlier and use that. LS does have a little bit of an operating manual if you know which tractor of LS' is a twin to the 5740. According to tractordata.com there are 3 LS tractors that have 57 hp. Only the N53 and N60 have the same engine as yours. A quick google search should yield one of those operation manuals. The LS operator manual combined with the montana or the LS parts manual is all I use with my 4944. I found the loader manual from Ameriquip.

As for your PTO problem. I've had/have a similar issue. Sometimes mine doesn't turn off sometimes it doesn't start, sometimes when it does start, its pretty weak. I took it to the shop and they found a little bit of debris in the valve controlled by the solenoid, they said that valve was giving readings from 100-200 psi when it wasn't working and 215 psi when it was working properly. I brought it home, it worked great for a few minutes then back to the same old problems. After looking at the divider block that allows some fluid to the PTO and some to the rear remotes/3 pt it looked like there was a possibility for an air lock or some sort of relationship between pto and rear hydraulics. I turned the pto on, at first it wouldn't turn off, so I dead headed the rear remotes for a second and then the pto shut off properly. Maybe it was just dumb luck, who knows, but i won't declare it fixed until I test it on the rototiller this weekend to see if it has power. It certainly seems promising though because I had cleaned out that solenoid valve until it was spotless inside and out.

/ New 5740 Owner PTO Issues #13  
As I said in an earlier post to this thread, I have owned a 5740C since 2005 and bought mine brand new. It did come with a service manual which I have. Now saying that, please know that the manual and its wording, at times, reminds me that people in other countries get drunk too. I am saying that while laughing because the printing of the manual from the factory that I have is of very poor quality in certain places. There are several pages throughout the manual that have double printing on them, making them extremely hard to read or see any drawings or diagrams and the English wording of the manual itself appears to have been written by a drunk Korean with a big sense of humor. I have no way to send you a copy of it though as I am not really computer savvy. I may be able to look something up and relay to you however, if that might help.

/ New 5740 Owner PTO Issues
Thanks guys, sorry been slow on the response. Tractor has been parked for the past couple months nothing new to report at them moment, been tied up haven't had much time to mess with it.