New 5240 delivered yesterday

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday #21  
Yes they are set to the widest position. I took it on some of the steeper places of my property and it seems to feel very stable. I'm still not used to it but that is nothing more seat time won't fix, but not being comfortable or used to the way it feels on hils it still seemed very stable, if that makes sense.

Did you decide on the 5740?

Sounds like you're having a blast! Thanks for the wheel info.

I did move to the L5740 on Friday. My dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I jumped on it. Now I have a few weeks of longing just like you did, but based on what I heard from you today it will be worth the wait. :D

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday #22  
Nice looking piece of equipment. Have you had a chance to get use to the HST+ yet? The best place to try the H-DS feature is doing loader work. I had to adjust the autothrottle so it wouldn't rev the motor up the second you touch the HST pedal.

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday
Sounds like you're having a blast! Thanks for the wheel info.

I did move to the L5740 on Friday. My dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I jumped on it. Now I have a few weeks of longing just like you did, but based on what I heard from you today it will be worth the wait. :D

You'll love the 5740, it's definately worth the wait.

Nice looking piece of equipment. Have you had a chance to get use to the HST+ yet? The best place to try the H-DS feature is doing loader work. I had to adjust the autothrottle so it wouldn't rev the motor up the second you touch the HST pedal.

Yes, i used the HST+ while doing the loader work. Kept it in medium range and would toggle to low for loading the bucket and then switch to high for transporting to where i was dumping. It worked great and saved me from shifting between medium and low. I think it will also work very well when i'm brush hogging, since i have a couple steep hills i can just use medium - low going up and when i'm at the top switch back to medium - high.

How did you adjust the auto throttle? Haven't used it much as the engine revs more than i would like for the speed.

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday #25  
Thanks, i'll definately be doing the adjustment.

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday #27  
How did the throttle adjustment turn out for you? Also, if you have a tape measure handy, can you tell me the height of your folded rops? Can't find that anywhere. Thanks!

Last edited:
Have been out of town for work so I haven't adjusted the throttle yet, but I will be as soon as I get home. With the ROPS folded it easily fits in my 8' garage door and I'm sure would fit a 7', I'll check that when I get home.

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday #29  
Have been out of town for work so I haven't adjusted the throttle yet, but I will be as soon as I get home. With the ROPS folded it easily fits in my 8' garage door and I'm sure would fit a 7', I'll check that when I get home.

My neighbor that took delivery of a L5240 on Monday has 1" of clearance with a folded ROPS through his 7' garage door.

His is a roll up door w/electric lift. Not sure a swivel open door would work.