New 5240 delivered yesterday

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday #1  

wmonroe

Elite Member
Tractor
1958 Ford 961 Powermaster
They delivered my 5240 yesterday afternoon. Had 1.8 hours when they backed it off the truck and is sitting at 3.6 as of now. Used the hoe/thumb to pull a few fence posts and leveled off a pile of topsoil but other than that didn't do too much, ran out of daylight. The power is fantastic, although haven't taken it over 2300 rpm yet so there is still some power left. It's raining all day today but supposed to be very nice this weekend so i'll be putting some hours on it.

Of course the obligatory pictures!

DSC02855.jpg

DSC02856.jpg

DSC02858.jpg

DSC02859.jpg

DSC02862.jpg

DSC02861.jpg

DSC02857.jpg

DSC02860.jpg

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday #2  
Wow! Nice looking tractor and beautiful piece of property. Hopefully the kubota will serve you well.

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday #3  
Congratulations Will! That is a glorious looking machine. Can't wait to hear your impressions after you get some mud on the tires :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pics.

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday #4  
Agreed, that really is a nice tractor and beautiful scenery.:thumbsup:

I have no real need for a back hoe, but when I see something like that, I want one.:licking:

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday #5  
What a jewel.

It is about as close to an all-in-one machine as you could possibly find.

There will be many, many hours of enjoyment with that for sure.

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday #6  
Great looking tractor!

Property is beautiful also! If you don't mind, how much property do you have? I have a little over 8 acres. Plenty to keep my L3400 busy.

I am sure you will use her with pride.

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday #7  
Congratulations on the new tractor.It is a very capable looking machine,I am sure you will enjoy it. :thumbsup:

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday
Thanks everyone for all the comments. Work is going slow today waiting to get home and use the tractor.

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday
Great looking tractor!

Property is beautiful also! If you don't mind, how much property do you have? I have a little over 8 acres. Plenty to keep my L3400 busy.

I am sure you will use her with pride.

We have 17 acres total but the neighbor farms about 7 of that, so we maintain about 10 acres. Some day i would like to cut hay off that 7 acres and about 3 or 4 more but that is a couple years down the road.

/ New 5240 delivered yesterday #10  
Which R1's did you put on: 14.9 x 26 or 13.6 x 28?