New $10,000 Toyota pickup

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #11  
why would you turn off auto highbeams or collision, not really sure i understand the thought process there
Highbeams: Because the F'ers continuously refuse to turn back on immediately after a car has passed me on a dark country road at 45 mph. I like to see the deer before they jump into my path, not just when they're standing in the middle of the road in front of me. They also refuse to work in twilight, waiting until full-dark to engage, and also turn themselves off at every stop or turn, no matter how dark and desolate.

Collision: It routinely slams on the brakes when I'm in no danger of hitting anything or anyone. Such as, when a car is stopped on the road ahead of me, waiting to make a left turn, and I plan to pass them on the right shoulder. Or, when approaching a stop light where the traffic dead-ahead is waiting in a left-turn lane, and through traffic is directed to the right around them. Or when going around one particular local bend, where forward collision repeatedly confuses an oncoming vehicle as a forward collision, if the timing between the two around the bend is just right. I find it works well enough in my truck, where I may be keeping greater distances or moving slower, but it routinely fails in my sports sedan, so I keep it off most of the time.

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #12  
My auto dimming headlights are turned on. The only "over ride" is to dim them and leave them dim. I actually rather like them except for the constant false dimming from reflections and such.

My Sirius radio is on all the time because I don't have any local stations that I enjoy.

The rear auto braking has been turned off for a long time as it was constantly slamming the brakes on as I eas backing up from tall grass and such activating it.

I use my cruise control frequently because the truck will sneak up in speed so easily the cruise keeps it in check and I would like the adaptive cruise if it allowed me to set it for the proper following distance which for me is more then many people use.

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #13  
This would be great for a pallet spray unit for lawn care.

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #14  
Collision: It routinely slams on the brakes when I'm in no danger of hitting anything or anyone. Such as, when a car is stopped on the road ahead of me, waiting to make a left turn, and I plan to pass them on the right shoulder. Or, when approaching a stop light where the traffic dead-ahead is waiting in a left-turn lane, and through traffic is directed to the right around them. Or when going around one particular local bend, where forward collision repeatedly confuses an oncoming vehicle as a forward collision, if the timing between the two around the bend is just right. I find it works well enough in my truck, where I may be keeping greater distances or moving slower, but it routinely fails in my sports sedan, so I keep it off most of the time.
I have never experienced this at all, does not sound remotely correct, wonder if this needs a dealer visit, passing on shoulders make sense

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #15  
There are so many safety and emission standards here that it not practical to sell them here. Airbags, backup cameras, tpms, side impact and rollover requirements, daytime running lights, drive by noise standards, the list goes on and on. All those “safety” items are one of the reasons that can’t sell a $10k truck here.

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #16  
Personally I think the more junk on a vehicle makes the driver lazy. My friend/neighbor is younger than me and has a 2023 F150. I have an 1993 F150. His is loaded, a tailgate assist getting into the bed, all these app phone features, etc. Mine I just jump on bumper or tire to hop into the bed. He can't do that.
When I get so decrepit I can't roll the window down I'll stop driving!

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #17  
We don’t own a car with collision avoidance but have rented one. I’ve experienced where it doesn’t work that great. An example when you’re in a long sweeping curve on the interstate and passing someone. It sees the car in the other land as ahead of you and slows down. Same with auto dimming headlights. I think they see signs reflecting and dim all the time. You ever pass someone on a lightly traveled 4 lane and get blasted by someone’s brights behind you because they are to stupid to over ride the auto brights?

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #18  
Auto dimming lights are awful, special where there are jersey barriers in between travel lane directions. I'm getting blinded every night by people that can't seem to remember to dim them. And flashing my high beams does little because my lights are below the barriers like theirs, but I sit physically higher above.

Crash avoidance feature is constantly giving false readings while driving. Every driver at work has issues. The worst is when our vehicles slam the brakes on when in the middle of a sweeping turn when there isn't another vehicle in sight. Dealer says trucks are fine.

Now the auto cruise control I do like when on the highway. Until I'm going so slow that I don't realize it.

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #19  
I accidentally flash my brights on at cars when I'm driving wife's loaded crossover with auto dimming lights. I can repeat my gripes of modern so called automobile "conveniences" that I experienced and despise. I'd love an available option 4wd diesel compact truck like that for a daily driver. There was a time when I was briefly considering importing a 25+ yr old diesel hilux which In my brief research is how old it needs to be to legally title and drive on most US public roads.

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #20  
I'd be interested in one in 4x4 as a daily winter driver, as long as the heater and defroster work.

They can keep all the extra hee-haw garbage on the new ones. My 11 year old Ford xlt package truck has all the bells and whistles on it I would ever want.