New $10,000 Toyota pickup

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #31  
I like it, my DD is pretty basic with wind up windows, manual trans, simple radio, and AC which I do consider a must for a vehicle driven on the highway. I would need 4wd as well, but I think a lot of these would sell instead of the 15+ year old pickup for farm or lawncare trucks.

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #33  
I noticed they are popular for mounting machine guns in the beds watching news reels.

After driving clunkers for 50 years I realized simple cars and trucks had less failure points.

As my failure points increase the more I like the bells and whistles. :)

Since picking up the Tesla Model Y 20 Jan 2023 I have been using all of the features that it comes with. Added FSD on my birthday in February and use it on every trip now. I got very comfortable with FSD on my recent trip to Austin, Texas and when I started home I just put it a drive engaged FSD and did no trip planning. Just told it to navigate to home and basically all I had to do was hang on the steering wheel.

That was my first solo road trip in 15 years. It was a non stop trip and I still felt like unpacking the car what I got home at 3:30 a.m. the next morning. It's designed for groud up to require no driver at some point in the future.

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #34  
really? you constantly activate collision avoidance? I actually have, on purpose to see it work, if that system is constantly activating for you, I hate to say this but your driving like an idiot. you have to be EXTREMELY aggressive to get it activate/warn in 3 different brand vehicles I have tried it with.

don't even remotely understand why you wouldn't want auto high beams but ok
I have been driving for well over 60 years and do not need or want auto avoidance. It is fine on open highways but constantly activates in the narrow confines of my 1000 ft driveway and sometimes on city streets when passing pedestrians who are on the sidewalk.

As far as auto high beams you have obviously never been in one one approaching a similarly equiped vehicle and had them fight each other. It is distracting. I learned long ago when and how to turn the high beams on and off.

You should also be aware that your statement regarding idiocy is inconsistent with the rules for use of this website.

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #36  
Its a truck designed for countries with lower income folks like in Thailand or Mexico doing farm & blue collar work. They could sell some here, if they meet safety standards
Which it likely doesn't, and equally likely not even offered. It's a third world truck designed to be easy to repair when it breaks down and you're 400 miles from nowhere.
While IMHO modern vehicles have waay too many bells and whistles, this is a bit too spartan for my liking.
I do know one option that's very convenient and worthwhile in my experiences using them, heated windshield wipers especial if you've ever driven in inclement cold weather, unfortunately it's either not available or have to upgrade to a upper trim level with a bunch of options I don't want or need.
Yeah, that would be nice especially for driving during freezing rain/drizzle. I also wish automakers would give the opportunity to option our vehicles as we wish, and not force us to buy a bunch of stuff we don't want/need/will never use just to get one thing you DO want.

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #37  
far as auto high beams you have obviously never been in one one approaching a similarly equiped vehicle and had them fight each other. It is distracting. I learned long ago when and how to turn the high beams on and off.
95 % of the cars on the road near me have the feature including 2 of mine. Never seen them fight each other ever, not a single time. once they go off, they don't fire back up again till after the car passes.

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #38  
We don't even have power windows or locks on our truck.

Something like this I could use. Mainly as a work horse for the property. Plus running around. Don't need a radio, got my phone and a small Bluetooth speaker.

Something that small would be nice to get through the woods vs my f350

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #39  
What large rubber bands are for.
I want a 2 door stick shift 8ft bed pickup. AC is nice but I could live without it. Vinyl seat, no carpet.
Most people nowadays don't use a truck as a truck!
All the backwoods hacks I was taught or learned and I never thought about that kid proof one. Lol Unfortunately I think these days you can't buy a new truck in the states w/out power windows anymore.