New $10,000 Toyota pickup

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #2  
Not sold in the USA

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #3  
The irony is that so many men pretend they'd prefer this, while whining about our $60k - $80k pickup pricing... right up until the dealer asks them if they want heated seats and satellite radio. They're only making a business of selling what folks are buying.

I think this would make a great farm or delivery truck, but I'd not want it as my only vehicle.

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #4  
Its a truck designed for countries with lower income folks like in Thailand or Mexico doing farm & blue collar work. They could sell some here, if they meet safety standards

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #5  
Wonder what it would take to buy one in Mexico, bring to US?
$10K...I'd buy one.
In Mexico we saw ITALIKA motorcycles in a huge store like Costco, 250cc for $1,400. I would have bought two if I had rented a van. No room in the SUV.

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #6  
The irony is that so many men pretend they'd prefer this, while whining about our $60k - $80k pickup pricing... right up until the dealer asks them if they want heated seats and satellite radio. They're only making a business of selling what folks are buying.

I think this would make a great farm or delivery truck, but I'd not want it as my only vehicle.
I don't have heated seats or satellite radio. Am I missing something? I tried Sirius for a while but didn't care for it. This also doesn't have adaptive lane change or all of that other crap mentioned in the article, that you have to pay for so you can shut it off every time that you start the engine.
My new company tru k has auto dimming headlights; usually I dim them before the feature does.
I suspect it would be like the Roxor... not meeting our safety and emissions standards. Yet is still would be a great vehicle to use around the property- if it came with 4WD. :D

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #7  
I don't have heated seats or satellite radio. Am I missing something?
Like you, I turn off lane control, parking assist, auto-dimming headlights, and often even forward collision avoidance. But I do love me some heated seats and steering wheel in January, along with remote start. :) Satellite radio is something we have, because it's there and they keep extending my reduced-price trials (6 years, now!), but I'm not a huge fan. I wouldn't choose it if it were an individual option.

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #8  
why would you turn off auto highbeams or collision, not really sure i understand the thought process there

/ New $10,000 Toyota pickup #10  
Because they are a PITA.
really? you constantly activate collision avoidance? I actually have, on purpose to see it work, if that system is constantly activating for you, I hate to say this but your driving like an idiot. you have to be EXTREMELY aggressive to get it activate/warn in 3 different brand vehicles I have tried it with.

don't even remotely understand why you wouldn't want auto high beams but ok