Need Help with 3 PH Problem

/ Need Help with 3 PH Problem #1  

clarkie

Tractor
Zetor C47L
I have the new Zetor by Century C47L. (formally the Century 3647) With an implement on the 3ph, i often (not always) get an oscillating of the 3ph. (rapid up and down movements) Is there an adjustment for this, or is it an indication of a larger problem, and if so what could it be? There are no visible fluid leeks and the hydraulic fluid levels are ok.

any help would be appreciated.

clarkie

/ Need Help with 3 PH Problem #2  
You need to lock down the draft adj. It should tell you how to do that in the book. The draft adj isn't used most of the time, just for plowing and that type of field work.
leaddog

/ Need Help with 3 PH Problem #3  
Clarkie, there was a post a while back (look 6 pages back on this forum) where dougzdog had a hiccup problem. I don't know if this is what you have or not....but if so...try cycling your 3ph arms up and down fully several times. Also, is it happening on the colder days..does it stop after hydraulic oil is warmed up? Virgil in Texas diagnosed the problem as oil getting past some O-rings and an easy fix for the dealer. I am wondering if it just happens on the colder days for you.

pete

/ Need Help with 3 PH Problem
leaddog,

good thought. i thought that might be the cause as well, but i have triple checked the draft and it is deactivated with the metal block firmly in place.

clarkie

sassafraspete,

thanks for the info. i located the post by dougzdog. i will try to work any air pockets out of system as you suggested. if that does not work, i will have my dealer check the O rings as per virgil's post.

i will update all later. thanks again

clarkie

sassafraspete,

in response to your question, i have not noticed if the problem is restricted to cold weather, but it is more evident when the tractor has just been started and is not yet fully warmed up.

clarkie

/ Need Help with 3 PH Problem #7  
I had a 3PH problem on my Kubota when it was only a few hours. The 3PH when raised would all of a sudden drop and raise, I was ready to start looking for an old priest and a young priest. It would do this for 30 seconds then stop.

One day the 3PH stopped working all together. The dealer took it back to the shop and found a piece of debrie in the pressure reilef valve.

Maybe you have something in one of the valves in the hydraulic system for your 3PH. If it is hiccuping up and down something is allowing the fluid to escape and build pressure in the pistion again, sounds like a relief valve.

Randy