Need compatibility information for john deere 400

/ Need compatibility information for john deere 400 #1  

supermage87

Tractor
john deere 400 1980
Hi.
I just got my first tractor. And i'm pretty new to this.
I have a John deere 400 1980. I'm trying to find a new snow plow . Do anyone know where I can find informations on what fit on it.
I cant confirm it but it look like the front attachment that fit on the 400 also fit on the x400 x700? Is it backward compatible.
Im looking for something like a quick attachment with hydrolic
I'm trying to figure it out for a few day but I dont know where/what/how to search....

Im trying to widen my search on the used market as there is not a lot of attachement close to where I live. And it's not always clear what I need.

The plow that is on it is unusable. Wrong angle. No spring and controlled with a winch. And it's almost falling in pieces ( bent everywhere and part are unsoldered.)

Thanks.

Additional information and Question less urgents
Can the 3 point snow blower be easily converted to front with a quick hitch?

I installed a 4 way joystick to control the chute ( home made 12v with old power windows motor) it was previously controlled with 2 switch. And a 2 way joystick for the front winch. I had to learn how to wire dpdt relai and at the same time I add a fuse box .
The snow blower was directly connected to the battery so I installed a quick connect that look like a trailer plug. I had a hard time figuring where to put the joystick. On the hood they are working great!!.

I'm also trying to finf a way to have my 2 daughter sitted somewhere as they always want to have a ride. But right now there is no safe spot :( and there is not enough place on my knees to be able to correctly drive it. Those who ave one know. This thing is crasy fast and I'm not used to the hand trottle
( almost hit my truck yesterday haha)

Funny story . First snowstorm I tried it today the pto stopped working. I though it was the strap. I started disasembling the front to realise it was the pto lever cable that broke. I made a temporary fix and I will try to find a new one .

I joined a few picture. I just got if last week. this spring I'm planning a paint repair job.

Ok I need to stop now!!! I'm a little bit too enthousiasm.

Thanks for your help.

20201122_110122.jpg20201123_203541.jpg20201123_203534.jpg20201123_203525.jpg20201123_203449.jpg20201123_203426.jpg20201123_203352.jpg20201123_203433.jpg

/ Need compatibility information for john deere 400 #2  
:welcome: to TBN

You may be able to negotiate the parts link here to track down part numbers that are the same as the X series.
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc...JT04sMjUyOTojQ0FUQUxPRyw4MTc1MTpFUVVJUE1FTlRd

I've given children rides on my foot-operated hydrostatic transmission lawn tractors, as the hands are free to steer and hold them at the same time.
Think you already have learned how difficult the hand-operated hydro is when you say you almost hit your truck.. ;)

Interesting projects you have planned for your 400. Am sure this is just the beginning.

/ Need compatibility information for john deere 400
:welcome: to TBN

You may be able to negotiate the parts link here to track down part numbers that are the same as the X series.

I've given children rides on my foot-operated hydrostatic transmission lawn tractors, as the hands are free to steer and hold them at the same time.
Think you already have learned how difficult the hand-operated hydro is when you say you almost hit your truck.. ;)

Interesting projects you have planned for your 400. Am sure this is just the beginning.

Thanks. I'll keep this one in my favorite for future reference for assembly and part lookup. With the blueprint in it. Itnisneasy to find and. understand. Sadly I have found no info on accessory there.

Try looking here below, great source of info, as

Thanks.
Now I can see all the original attachement that were specifically made for the 400

The only thing I need is to find a way to know whas is easily modifiable from other model or what accessory have a premade adaptor like a quick hitch or else.

/ Need compatibility information for john deere 400 #6  
Thanks For the info again. I manage to find a plow that was annonced for a 420 (almost new);and it fitted right away. I'm still waiting for annother one that I ordered just before. It is rusty and the hose have seen better day. I'll sand blast it and repaint it to make it look like this one to sell it after. I will onviously not need two. 20201205_131353.jpg20201205_131326.jpg

/ Need compatibility information for john deere 400 #9  
Nice looking rig.
If you move the blower to the front you will have to deal with the direction of drive shaft rotation.
Is that a standard 540 rpm pto rear blower? If so, how is she handling it?

I dont think i'll try moving the blower to.the front as I might need to resetup everything or have to weld a few thing. This blower is made for 3 point hitch. And it is heavier than the front one that fit on the 400.

I only tried it a few time and twice it was really wet and heavy snow and it worked better than I though it would. This tractor is a tank when you have chain and enough weight