Need a new Flashlight

/ Need a new Flashlight #21  
There are two brands I would personally recommend, SureFire and MagLight. In my opinion those are the best you can get. SureFire's Outdoorsman LED flashlight has been great for hunting as well as around the house. Then there is the trusty 'ol Maglight. These things are great. I keep one in the house, the barn, and the truck. The new MagLight LED's have a focusable beem. This is pretty nice if you remember the first LED conversion kits for MAGLights. Anyway, good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for.

and you can get the 2 or 3 battery maglight led at Lowes this time of year for $15 a lot less prolly than the surefire

/ Need a new Flashlight #22  
I have several Mag-Lite LED flashlights that I bought during Lowes after Thanksgiving sale the last couple of years. The are not as cheap now but still a good deal. The 3 D size battery one will go for days on one set of batteries. Pleanty of light and I like the size for outdoor work. Have several AA Mini Mag-Lite LED flashlights. Never seem to need new batteries.

/ Need a new Flashlight #23  
I have several Mag-Lite LED flashlights that I bought during Lowes after Thanksgiving sale the last couple of years. The are not as cheap now but still a good deal. The 3 D size battery one will go for days on one set of batteries. Pleanty of light and I like the size for outdoor work. Have several AA Mini Mag-Lite LED flashlights. Never seem to need new batteries.

These were/are on sale again this year at Lowes for $15. They are the best lights I've seen other than the $90+ variety. They can be focused to a spot light on something farther away than my eyes can see clearly. The best $15 you can spend.

/ Need a new Flashlight #24  
   / Need a new Flashlight #25  
My best flashlite is with my fire gear; Big Ed style. Also $$$$$

Otherwise, the best lights I have, are my 9V Makita and 18V DeWalt. The Makita is 15 years old, the DeWalt 11 or so. I have gotten sooooooo much use out of those. They have lasted a long time. They use common rechargable battery packs, of which I have multiple. For the DeWalt, I also have the charger that works in the car. They have been used around my house and property, on camping trips, dropped in the mud ect ect.

I would highly recomend something like that. They put out a lot of light. The batteries recharge, and last a long time on a charge.

We also have a few Mini-Mag lights, with LED conversion. And a couple LED headlights. Somehow, I can never seem to find one when I need it. But I can always find that big yellow DeWalt. Have a 2-D Maglite too. It always seems to be hidden in the back of a cabinet...

I also have a 6-D Maglite for the last 25 years. Aint used it in years. Right now, it would cost $15+ to fill with decent D cells... Great light, but too expensive.

Otherwise, there are some excellent lights for law enforcement and fire fireghters. They throw a lot of light, are rechargable in most cases, and are built TOUGH. But, $$$. Galls, Firestore.com ect have them. Again, $$$, it it hurts when you lose them...

That DeWalt of mine, makes it a lot easier to set up camp in the dark. Our Scout troop usually gets set up in the daylight, but during the winter, when we leave for campouts after the end of the school day, sometimes we get there at dark. That DeWalt has worked great when setting up tents and stuff. It blows away most other lights for that kinda stuff...

/ Need a new Flashlight #27  
Surefire G2 plenty bright and small. I need to spring for the rechargeable system soon though.

/ Need a new Flashlight #28  
Hey Flashlights..... I get asked about them all the time. Rather than spend an hour typing I'll just copy n paste an email I sent to the last lad that asked about duty lights.
I've bought many of the very expensive ones ... and now I strickly buy these. These are all LED lights because today... they are brighter than the others.

Bryan
You'll see below at the bottom a copy-paste showing I've made twenty orders ........ just to demonstrate the site is safe .... so far. I do use Paypal which is safer than a credit card. These lights are super for the price but I can't vouch for their durability ...... haven't dropped any yet.

The Cree R2 emitter modules are the best and they are under $10. at the site. I replaced all the bulb modules in my Surefire lights with them. They generate 250 lumens. The big Pelican lights the S.O. just issued to all the Deputies are 180 lumen.

DealExtreme: $8.32 Cree R2 Drop-In 1-Mode LED Module (3.7V~18V / 26.5mm x 29mm)

The WF 502B Ultrafire Single mode is about the best light for under $20..... actually about $14. ea. if you buy three at a time. At the checkout cart you have to click on the Bulkrate line. So rather than buy just modules you can buy a whole light for $14 and then take out the modules and use the carcass for parts.

DealExtreme: $13.55 UltraFire WF-502B Cree R2-WC 250-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (1*18650/2*CR123A)

The multiple mode ( up to five modes ) are a giggle but I did have one emitter go bad. I have a couple hooked up to the small Streamlight traffic wands. When they strobe it's like a flare.

The best light under $20. using AA has a Q5 emitter ( 230 lumen) ..... not as bright as the R2 .... still brighter than any bulb ... the WF-606A.

DealExtreme: $17.40 UltraFire WF-606A Cree Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight with Extension Tube (1*CR2/2*AA)

AND it uses double A or a CR2 battery . Batteries are 5 for $6.81 The center section of the 6" long light comes - screws out making it three inches long for the pocket & just as bright.
DealExtreme: $6.11 Panasonic CR2 5-Pack

The Eastward YJ-XGR2 light is the most expensive and brightest I've bought @ $29.90. Brighter probably because the head-reflector is larger. 2 mode and also 250 lumens.
DealExtreme: $29.32 EastwardYJ YJ-XGR2 Waterproof Cree R2-WC 2-Mode 250-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650/ 2*16340/2*CR123A)

Best place I've found for CR123A Batteries is Batteryjunction. They always have a 5% off discount code going......... just Google "Batteryjunction discount code" and you'll find one. Batteries are about $1.00 each versus $5. or $6. locally. Come in single-double-or triple plastic wrappers which prevents rattle in the light ............... or wrap an index card which you trim down around the batteries.

CR123A Batteries 3V Photo Lithium Batteries CR123 DL123A CR123A K123A EL123A VL123 SF123A CR17345 23-155 2 PL123A 123A lithium photo batteries flashlight battery 3v CR123A Battery 123A Battery L123A K123A EL123A VL123 SF123A CR17345 23-155 2 PL123A 1

/ Need a new Flashlight #30  
Similar to the Harbor Freight freebies, HF sells a 3 pack for around $3. I have maybe a dozen or so scattered around the house, one in each vehicle and a couple in the garage. If the power goes out (maybe 4-6 times a year and almost always after dark), there is a light nearby. About as bright as a 2 D cell incandescent. Cheap so if they quit, they are a throw away item.

At a meeting of the board of directors of our flying club someone mentioned these flashlights. Immediately, guys started pulling them out of their pockets--out of about 10 guys about 8 guys had one.

Very handy. And no dark spot in the middle of the beam.

If you want a lot of light like you would get from something like a 3 D cell incandescent light, well that's another matter, look for something else. But you won't have one of those bigger lights in every room. And unlike the large Mag-Lites, these little guys aren't very useful in a fight.