Need a new Flashlight

/ Need a new Flashlight #11  
If you want a good flash light, look at Surefire. They are very bright, and with the LED technology, the batteries last a long time. I got mine from LA Police gear. http://www.lapolicegear.com/?gclid=CN6stLnH36UCFUVqKgodRVLt3Q

They are also a source for cheaper batteries for their flashlights, which are pretty pricey if you buy them at Walmart or such place.

/ Need a new Flashlight #13  
Costco sells 3 pack of LED flashlights for 20 bucks or so. We use it round the house. holds up well.

For hunting I have $6 worth of flashlight from Walmart and I am happy with it and in my Jeep I have this rechargable 1000000 candles light from TSC. Comes handy too.

/ Need a new Flashlight #14  
I have found that these units have a very poor grounding system in them. You might almost say "lack of" a grounding system. After a while, they become intermittent. Being the electrical type, I added a ground tab inside and they work nicely.

You are right - I've noticed that ya kinda have to whack 'em occasionally. Where does the ground strap you add run from and to?

/ Need a new Flashlight #15  
i really like my new LED mini-mag (same 2 AA flashlight with a new LED light)

else I really like these really nice pocket lights... 4-7's (4sevens)

Quark Turbo - 4Sevens.Com

/ Need a new Flashlight #16  
I have a bunch of Ryobi's 18V cordless tools ... including their flashlight.

It works awesome for me, someone who can't seem to make sure I always have fresh AA, C or D batteries for all the various battery-powered things one could own. This basically consolidates my battery-powered items into all being powered by the same Ryobi 18V battery, of which I have 4 (& 4 chargers). Since my 4 Ryobi batteries power all of my battery-powered tools, which I use all the time, it's very easy for me to be in the habit of making sure I always have at least 1 or 2 on the charger & ready.

a33f4d7d-16e8-4838-8b81-dc776362f309_4.jpg

Ditto -- If you have rechargeable drills or other tools, get some compatible flashlights that will use those batteries. They are typically halogen or xenon, so the light output is excellent, and they'll run for many hours on a charge.
My Panasonic Drill batteries are 3.5 Amp-Hours @ 15.6 volts = 54.6 watt-hours. Compare 2 AA high-capacity rechargeables in series: 2.5 amp-hours @ 2.4v = 6 watt-hours.

/ Need a new Flashlight #17  
I am a sucker for a flashlight. Pre-LED I probably owned 30-40 flashlights, more Mags than any other brand. I'm sure I've bought over a hundred LED hand held lights of varying size and shape. Some are cheap, give decent light, but the switch usually fails with enough use; some moderately expensive, never any of the $100 plus lights. Bought two dozen of these - Eterna Light - in varying configurations in late 1999, as insurance against the impending global darkness of y2k. Immediate family and I still have app. a dozen of them, the rest went to close friends. Never....never a failure in 10 years. For those that simply sit in storage awaiting the day of their need I check the batteries every couple years, and changed them on principle after 8 years (they still tested adequate). The ones that get used routinely (which might have been a few hours a week 10 years ago, and less now) have had batteries changed three times at most and then only as precaution. THE most battery life I have ever seen in a light (I think they advertise over 500 hours in low-flash mode). Not a spot-type light, but certainly adequate to walk in the woods at night, and to see something perhaps a hundred feet distant. The flash mode (I'm told) is visible over 2-3 miles. Major pluses to me are...pocket friendly, RELIABLE, adequate light for 95% of my needs, and incredible battery life (3 AA)...and weather resistant or weather proof depending on the model.

/ Need a new Flashlight #18  
I have one of these in the house and one in my truck. LiteBox Series - LiteBox | Streamlight Make sure to get the floodlight version. They are expensive, but can stay on the charger all the time and have a replaceable battery and bulb. Will light up the whole yard. We've got about 20 of them at the fire dept....

Chris

/ Need a new Flashlight #19  
For years I fooled around with incandescent lamps power by common batteries. A few years ago I started looking at high end LED flashlights that are powered by rechargeable lithium ion batteries, particularly brands like Fenix and Surefire. Fenix won because I felt there lights offer more features, higher light outputs, longer run times, and lower prices. Check out the Fenix TK11. This is the one I bought and it has been a great all around flashlight. It ran me about 75.00, + $50 +/- for quality batteries and charger. The batts and charger are just as important as the light, so don't cheep out on them.

/ Need a new Flashlight #20  
I need some new Flashlights!
I have flashlights of all kinds, half of them don't even work anymore and the other half are not much help.

I have a good handheld flashlight in the RV, It was a gift and it works real good. It fits in my pocket and provides plenty of light when I need it.
It is a Princeton Tec AMP 3.0 LED.
40 lumens, 90 hours of burn time with 4 AAA batteries.

I have a small "coast" flashlight that takes one AA battery in my truck that works pretty good.

I need a good light for the garage, one in the house, and one for the bedroom.

I am leaning toward some kind of rechargable LED light.

What kind of flashlight do you like?
sherpa
There are two brands I would personally recommend, SureFire and MagLight. In my opinion those are the best you can get. SureFire's Outdoorsman LED flashlight has been great for hunting as well as around the house. Then there is the trusty 'ol Maglight. These things are great. I keep one in the house, the barn, and the truck. The new MagLight LED's have a focusable beem. This is pretty nice if you remember the first LED conversion kits for MAGLights. Anyway, good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for.