Need a new Flashlight

/ Need a new Flashlight #1  

sherpa

Platinum Member
Tractor
2004 NH TC33D & 2014 NH Boomer 24
I need some new Flashlights!
I have flashlights of all kinds, half of them don't even work anymore and the other half are not much help.

I have a good handheld flashlight in the RV, It was a gift and it works real good. It fits in my pocket and provides plenty of light when I need it.
It is a Princeton Tec AMP 3.0 LED.
40 lumens, 90 hours of burn time with 4 AAA batteries.

I have a small "coast" flashlight that takes one AA battery in my truck that works pretty good.

I need a good light for the garage, one in the house, and one for the bedroom.

I am leaning toward some kind of rechargable LED light.

What kind of flashlight do you like?
sherpa

/ Need a new Flashlight #2  
I buy the neon/zion? types now. I will not by the incandescent types, or C, D types either.

I bought some inexpensive Coleman's (guess 90- 120 lumen's)from Walmart and they included batteries and work very well and they are my favorite.

Home Depot have the multi neon types ($10+ for 4) these work well, but the light beam is not crisp and I find the illumination good for walking the dogs or finding something in the car/ truck at night, they are not good (for me) to attempt to work with and illuminate something I need to see. I use those in the cars and for give-aways.

Stay away from the Rayo Vac neon(?) its about $10 for 2 in Walmart and includes RayoVac batteries and a very large illumination device. I bought several of these as my first experience in the new technology of handhelds. Well, the switches on/off operation is problematic; they always turn off, but turning them on is very frustrating.

/ Need a new Flashlight #3  
I use a LED at work. As the plant electrician I buy them by the case and hand them out as needed. The batteries last a long time, and they survive drops well. Some brands have better switches than others.
Craig Clayton

/ Need a new Flashlight #4  

1. I ordered a Stinger DS LED for my son in law. He is a law enforcement officer and this is what was recommended by several of his fellow officers. It is rechargable.

/ Need a new Flashlight #5  
The Task Force 3 watt LED flashlight is an excellent buy at about $25. It uses 2 C cell batteries. A number of people have bought them after seeing mine work. Here is a link to a review (a little old) and another to Lowes' page on the unit. There are some threads on flashlights on the site, I think Sunspot had some good advice.

OMG - NEW Lowes Task Force 3W "CREE" 2C 150+ lumens

Shop Task Force 3-Watt LED Flashlight at Lowes.com

I have found that rechargeable flashlights batteries drop off very quickly, we would not use them for scuba diving for that reason, all of a sudden you're in the dark.

/ Need a new Flashlight #6  
I bought a rechargable 220 lumen Dorcy LED. It's EXTREMELY bright at full charge. I can see my big barn at 1/4 mile away on a pitch black night. My first one flew off my truck at 70 mph on the interstate, layed there for a day or two, and still worked well. When it developed a problem I sent it to Dorcy and they sent me a new kit, even though the warranty had expired. There are two things I don't care for: it doesn't have an adjustable beam and it doesn't have a smart charger. For $40 I'm very happy. This may be more flashlight than you're looking for.

/ Need a new Flashlight #7  
i had a incandesant 2 AA mini maglight. As an incandessant i relly did not use it, but about 3-4 years ago i bought the nightize LED conversion kit. It was 3 little LEDS on a board that pluged in to the light base to convert it. I find my self using that flashlight more than the larger C or D maglight LEDs that i bout 1-2 yrs ago at lowes on sale for christmas (they are actually still in plastic). The new night ize conversion looks entirely different, its more of a flat square led where mine are the little conventional cylider shaped ones. Of course now you can buy a LED minimag for the price fo the kit so why buy the kit, unless you have an older one. It is plenty bright enough to walk use to work on stuff etc, i use it under the house on stuff as its light to carry and with the batteries, it lasts forever, and cause there AAs there cheap. I use it to hunt and want to the stand and i might only put 1 set of batts in a year. I also like the headlights LEDs of course. I have a single LED that i use to walk to my deer stand it uses one AAA battery and i might change it twice or once a season. Most of the time it turns itself on in my bag and i find it a day or so later or just when compleatly dead. Its enough of a light to walk buy and work on something right infront of you but not bright if you really dont know where your going. I just put batts in a 3 AAA version my cousin gave me its got 2 Leds and is about twice as bright, i just dont like it cause its heavier and awkward as the 3 batts and light are on the front. My other the batt is on the back of my head and the light is just a little cylinder smaller than a penny in diameter. They are nice though cause your hands are free. I use this light 90% of the time in the woods and around the house on electrical work and with the drill to light in a corner or poorly lit areas. Hunting that mini mag is my back up light or a light if im following a blood trail.

/ Need a new Flashlight #8  
sherpa said:
I need some new Flashlights!
I have flashlights of all kinds, half of them don't even work anymore and the other half are not much help.

I have a good handheld flashlight in the RV, It was a gift and it works real good. It fits in my pocket and provides plenty of light when I need it.
It is a Princeton Tec AMP 3.0 LED.
40 lumens, 90 hours of burn time with 4 AAA batteries.

I have a small "coast" flashlight that takes one AA battery in my truck that works pretty good.

I need a good light for the garage, one in the house, and one for the bedroom.

I am leaning toward some kind of rechargable LED light.

What kind of flashlight do you like?
sherpa

I have the three AAA Coast light that HD sells and find it amazing to say the least. Many of my friends and coworkers bought them after seeing mine. They great CS as well, I emailed about the cheap holster and they sent better ones free of charge.

/ Need a new Flashlight #9  
I have a bunch of these scattered over the house, garage and barn. All free. Amazing bright at close range .

Attachments

• HF.pdf
    135 KB · Views: 261
   / Need a new Flashlight #10  
I have a bunch of Ryobi's 18V cordless tools ... including their flashlight.

It works awesome for me, someone who can't seem to make sure I always have fresh AA, C or D batteries for all the various battery-powered things one could own. This basically consolidates my battery-powered items into all being powered by the same Ryobi 18V battery, of which I have 4 (& 4 chargers). Since my 4 Ryobi batteries power all of my battery-powered tools, which I use all the time, it's very easy for me to be in the habit of making sure I always have at least 1 or 2 on the charger & ready.

a33f4d7d-16e8-4838-8b81-dc776362f309_4.jpg