Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :)

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #61  
While I love the thing and it makes log/brush handling a breeze, I sometimes wish it had a longer bottom 'shelf'. That way I could physically stack some scattered things in there
Yep, the "shelf" is very handy, picked these up by hand and threw them on the grapple:

PC270005.JPG

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #62  
Xfaxman - excellent picture. That pic shows just one of the advantages of a grapple with long lower tines or a "shelf".

On my rock/root grapple - I have to tip the grapple back to get anything like a shelf. The grapple with a shelf can scrape forward along the ground and collect sticks/limbs/brush, etc. Mine will push it all forward and - hopefully - contain it when I lower the top lid.

My rock/root grapple will be stronger when dealing with large rocks, root wads and tree trunks. Stronger meaning - less likely to bend or crumple.

Again - know what you plan to do with the grapple and choose accordingly.

That is probably why many have more than one type of grapple.

That is why I choose a rock/root grapple. I have essentially no brush and only very limited limbs. My major needs encompass moving large rocks and chunks of pine tree trunk.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #63  
I'm leaning towards the MTL Grapple, about the same size/weight as the EA grapple for a lot less money. Lead time is measured in weeks not months. Hope to get a quote on a LandPride grapple tomorrow, that will be the deciding factor.
Good choice

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #65  
Some of the larger rocks I've moved with the tractor & grapple. They are solid basaltic granite and line the inner portion of my driveway. Meaning - they keep folks from "accidentally" driving on my drain field.
IMG_0206.jpeg
IMG_0207.jpeg
IMG_0209.jpeg

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #66  
So whats the trick to getting a grapple from MTL? Every day I look and they say sold out.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #67  
How about this one ?
Wildkat 84”. Made in USA. AR36 Steel. Weighs 900lbs. Opens 46”.

1708385402690.jpeg

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #69  
I’ve got the Summit Tractors 54 inch SSQA grapple, made by Top Dog. It‘s been excellent. Summit’s also coming out with larger grapples soon.

Mentioning it because it might be a grapple you can see in person before you buy it. Summit’s site has a list of big box dealers.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #70  
yeah, with the recent EA debacle, I can see that. I don't know what the lead time is now, but when I bought my Homestead grapple 2+ years ago, it was about 2 months, and like EA, it's pre-pay.
I am looking for a grapple for my Kioti DK40, I was getting ready to buy the EA grapple.
But that seems out of the question now. Most of what I find are for SkidSteers and weigh over 700lbs, bigger and heavier than what I want. I'm just going to be cleaning up/making brush piles, moving some pine logs 6-8' long. Any suggestions for a good replacement for the now apparently defunct EA grapple? TIA
My recommendation is any grapple will do. The only suggestion is not to get one that is wider then your tractor.