Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed....

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #11  
This is disappointing news. I have used NAPA Gold and Wix filters interchangeably for decades. The difference in the guts of a cheap oil filter and the best filter is astonishing. The cheap ones look like a roll of toilet paper has been put in a metal cylinder.

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #12  
All you have to do is figure out which ones are as good and which ones aren't. Here's a hint: looking at them isn't the answer.
Are you prepared to go toe to toe with a machine manufacturer to prove the Brand X filter you saved $10 on is as good as theirs and didn't cause a $6000 fuel system repair?

Thanks Rick. That's exactly my point. I'm not against saving money, but there just isn't any reasonable way to compare filters. The manufacturer has an investment in the game and all the others do not.

Here's another hint: reading advertising specs isn't the answer either.
rScotty

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #13  
"Meets or exceeds" is the most overused, abused and misunderstood phrase in the aftermarket support industry.

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #14  
I agree filters are not where I want to look to save money, it just doesn't make sense.

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #15  
@ Sawyer Rob I wonder if Kubota has gone through their entire filter line like that. Did you run the number online with your original?
No, I don't buy everything on line, I went to two dealers... I passed on the first dealer because all he had was the short ones and I didn't like that.

SO, I drove the 5 miles further, to find out the second dealer only had the shorter ones too, as the filter had been changed.

I think that tractor is out of warr. now, so I'll probably buy aftermarket filters for it, as I've never had even ONE problem related to an aftermarket filter, not even one!

SR

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #16  
I wonder why Kubota changed the design. Cost probably.

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #17  
Mann+Hummel bought WIX's parent company way back in 2016

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #18  
No, I don't buy everything on line, I went to two dealers... I passed on the first dealer because all he had was the short ones and I didn't like that.

SO, I drove the 5 miles further, to find out the second dealer only had the shorter ones too, as the filter had been changed.

I think that tractor is out of warr. now, so I'll probably buy aftermarket filters for it, as I've never had even ONE problem related to an aftermarket filter, not even one!

SR
I have direct and irrefutable knowledge of a major manufacturer denying a warranty claim for replacement of a full set of electronic fuel injectors on a Tier IV engine. The injector failures were attributed to contaminated fuel and the machine had an aftermarket fuel filter installed on it.
Whether or not that decision was correct, ethical, legal or morally sound it was what it was.

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #19  
on my Kawi mowers, generator, etc, always go w/Napa as the gold standard for small engines requiring filter.
on my road vehicles, tractor, always go w/OEM, trying to keep it simple, has worked longer for me than i want to think back

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #20  
The outfit I worked for for 34 years used Wix and Donaldson filters on all the big equipment of every make and size, from bucket trucks to cranes, backhoes, track hoes, dozer's etc, and Napa Gold on all pick-up trucks and small equipment, so I have always felt comfortable using Wix and Donaldson filters on my tractors, even used a few Napa Gold filters when I couldn't find the others and knock on wood have never had a problem, but I do change everything according to manufactures scheduled hours or timeline, and I know quite a few people who don't and I believe that is a lot more of a problem than a non OEM filter.