My welding project.

/ My welding project.
Dargo,

Thanks! As far as selling the hitch I doubt I get into that mainly because of liability issues. I could see someone using one for something they shouldn't be and then sueing me because I sold it to them. Since I am an insurance agent I think of every aspect of liability....tends to make you look at everything a little differently.

/ My welding project.
Here is the hitch painted and mounted on the DX33. It is one handy unit. Been moving trailers around with it and it works great!

Attachments

• 642995-Hitch (1).JPG
    642995-Hitch (1).JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 433
   / My welding project.
One more.

Attachments

• 642997-Hitch.JPG
    642997-Hitch.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 408
   / My welding project. #34  
Which auto darkening helmet are ya'll using. I checked on Ebay and there are many to choose from with a wide variety of prices. It's a bit confusing.

Nice project caddison. Great looking welds.

thanks,
muttley

/ My welding project. #35  
If you are stick welding, the least expensive $49 AD hood works just great for me. Striking an arc with a stick throws off some small sparks just before the arc starts and the shield darkens perfectly. After I bought my new MIG machine, I'm finding my $49 hood will absolutely blind me. The MIG does not have the small sparks first that trigger the darkening. It immediately starts the full arc.

I had to learn to "blink" when starting the MIG weld or I'd be blinded. I found that there is quite a bit of a difference in my $49 hood and a hood like the Miller Elite Big Window or something similar that runs over $200. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I borrowed a guy's "expensive" AD hood and I didn't have to "blink" when MIG welding. I'm no expert, but I know for a fact that my $49 AD hood is perfectly fine for stick, but will blind you on a MIG. Since I plan to use my MIG quite a bit, and I don't want to have to "blink" at every start, I bit the bullet and ordered a better AD hood yesterday.

/ My welding project.
I got the ARC ONE Vision with the larger screen. It was exactly what the instructor was using so I figured it would be a good one. ArcOne

/ My welding project. #37  
One thing I'd really consider is the size of the lens you look thru. There seem to be two sizes, small and large. I got the bigger one and it really helps with my tired old eyes. I don't weld without mine now!

Is the height of the vertical part (where the top link attaches) critical to keeping the receiver level when you raise and lower the hitch?

/ My welding project.
I actually took the measurements off of another attachment and then did a little comparison to another. Mine is what I would call a standard application. I think I was 15" to the top center from the bottom. I'll have to measure again.