My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,901  
Ok Dave enlighten me. How does the 12" battens align with the 16" battens to make it look symmetrically ?? I know you have it figured out just baffles me somewhat !!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,902  
Won't they line up once every 4 feet?

1640311590005.png

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,903  
Won't they line up once every 4 feet?

View attachment 726268
Yes they will, but to me it is not something i would like to look at ! That took some planning to make sure it all aligns with the upper and lower windows. As long as they are happy with the design is all that matters !!!

Last edited:
   / My Industrial Cabin Build #2,904  
AB, that layout hurts my OCD eyes in more ways then I can count. Probably the blue lines.
WCD, glad your Daughter's feeling better.
LYME has affected my health for the last 30+ years.
Damn ticks.
Patrick

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,905  
It should line up every 4 feet. There is a 3.5 inch piece of trim at the top of the 16 inch section that separates the two sections. Basically breaks it up into two visual sections. Hoping to get to that point soon.
I am trying to not be a Grinch. Tomorrow is Christmas. I had planned to build today, tomorrow and Sunday. Today is shot. And tomorrow we are having dinner at my Sister in law’s house.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,906  
I have always valued my time as there has always been a project in our 50 years of marriage. So yes...i was usually building something ! Plus working for the airlines sometimes made Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner at 10 in the morning.

May you and the Bride have a very Merry Christmas with family !! Glad to hear your daughter is improving steadily !!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,907  
It should line up every 4 feet. There is a 3.5 inch piece of trim at the top of the 16 inch section that separates the two sections. Basically breaks it up into two visual sections. Hoping to get to that point soon.
I am trying to not be a Grinch. Tomorrow is Christmas. I had planned to build today, tomorrow and Sunday. Today is shot. And tomorrow we are having dinner at my Sister in law’s house.
I always struggle with that Grinch thing. We are going to our Daughter's house this afternoon. Our weather is perfect for outdoors work. I'm in the middle of a backhoe project clearing brush. I'll struggle hiding the Grinch this afternoon. But I'll pull it off.....

I have great respect for your mental diligence thru this entire project. Thanks for keeping us in the loop even though that takes mental focus away from what needs done. :)

Merry Christmas!!!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,908  
Merry Christmas!! You are building an amazing house with an amazing view.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,910  
Merry Christmas