My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,871  
We were grateful and now scared that damage was done. 9-10 days from first symptom is where about 25% of fatalities occur. A week ago, when my wife took her to the ER her breathing was bad. It was the kind of breathing my last wife had when she was dying of cancer. Hard to describe if you have never seen it. No activity then a rapid almost popping movement to draw air. Oddly enough her O2 sat level was normal. I should have fought harder that night. They Didn’t do a covid test didn’t ask any questions about ticks didn’t take any blood tests more than standard ones. I am hoping that tomorrow or Sunday she will start feeling better. On CDC web sight it has pictures of swollen limbs with bleeding sores coming thru the skin at 10 days. Organ damage is almost certain at this point.
Hospital staff is worn out and understaffed. I know because my oldest daughter worked the covid surge unit at that same hospital until it broke her and she quit. A year of that was all she could take. So I understand. Computerized medical charts are supposed to help. My daughter is OCD with severe history of eating disorder. POTS diagnosis last year. Previous dr probably looked at chart and thought she was faking or starving herself or crazy. So he did drug test and basic vitals and blood work. She ain’t dying tonight so send her home. I only insisted on tick borne tests this time because of you all.
I still haven’t caught up with it all.
Praying for recovery, and for all your family.

Get this, a young female engineer at work has a husband who just graduated as an RN nurse. He's working the ER. They are supposed to work IIRC about 6 or 7 shifts (12 hour) every 2 weeks. If they pull an extra shift, they get paid $40/hour OVER their regular pay, if they pull additional days within the 2 weeks, they get $75/hour OVER their regular pay. So this guy can work his 7 days in his 2 week calendar, then make up to $900 extra per day by pulling a couple extra shifts. His wife says some are working 13 days of each 2 week period.

And that is how you pay off your student loan debts fast...

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,873  
Praying for recovery, and for all your family.

Get this, a young female engineer at work has a husband who just graduated as an RN nurse. He's working the ER. They are supposed to work IIRC about 6 or 7 shifts (12 hour) every 2 weeks. If they pull an extra shift, they get paid $40/hour OVER their regular pay, if they pull additional days within the 2 weeks, they get $75/hour OVER their regular pay. So this guy can work his 7 days in his 2 week calendar, then make up to $900 extra per day by pulling a couple extra shifts. His wife says some are working 13 days of each 2 week period.

And that is how you pay off your student loan debts fast...

An industrious person can certainly bank some cash like that. But burnout and physical exhaustion are real also. As a patient it is something to consider.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,874  
We just got a call from the ER nurse who was there last visit. We had asked for Lyme test and any other tick borne illness tests. She has Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Starts a course of doxycycline today. Crossing our fingers for some quick recovery. They are notifying her cardiologist as well.
I appreciate all the helpful suggestions and DM that I got on this.
It is a strange thing to be happy about but it gives us somewhere to start. My wife was in tears.
Decades ago my Dad had that. Was misdiagnosed and mistreated to the point of almost killing him before they figured out what was going on. He was around 60 years old.

I too would be very happy about this. She'll bounce back from this quickly. God Bless your daughter and your family.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,875  
I hope they find it. There is a cause. I don’t think people just spontaneously get sick without a cause.
I know... the first clue was when he got Shingles at 34. Just been one thing after another since then. I had Rocky Mountain Spotted fever 8 years ago, but we caught it quick; the headaches were the worst part. Hope your daughter bounces back fast; the anti biotics will knock it out.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,876  
Good to see progress on the build.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,877  
Lauren’s fever finally broke. She got a decent night sleep last night and we are hoping her recovery will pick up speed. She saw an internist this week. Trying to evaluate any long term damage to organs and nervous system. She has had some involuntary movement of one arm and we are hoping that will fade away. More like a tremor or palsied movement. But it isnt when she is trying to do something, it is when she is trying to rest.

Dropped a video today. Got the Ventrac Tractor stuck in a little hole.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,878  
Prayers for Lauren.

Was gonna suggest Radiator Genie, then you mentioned it. Lol

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,879  
This is the first video of yours that I watched all the way through, with volume. The part that you where mowing along the fence line and didn't have the blades engages sounded like something that I've done on my zero turn. And I can't even count how many times I've gotten stuck while out mowing. It's nice to know that I'm not alone!!!!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,880  
You mean I'm not the only one that rides around with no blades spinning? Done it with my little mower and when pulling a bush hog behind my tractor. I blame the ear protection...