My dog had a stroke yesterday

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday #51  
He has no head tilt at all, just needs some time to regain balance.

View attachment 358201

Lookin good...I'm sure he's happy to be home with dad too...I thrilled for the both of you. Dogs seem to have long memories of unpleasant events...Bet he has some retained memory(fear) that could be causing some of the imbalance..This too shall pass....Rooting for both of you.

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday #52  
loss of a pet is had, we just lost smokey last week. took him to the vet , and btought him back home in a little box so we can bury him when the weather is warmer. had him a little over 20 years, sure miss him hes not there when we get up in the morning, dish and bed is put away,

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday
loss of a pet is had, we just lost smokey last week. took him to the vet , and btought him back home in a little box so we can bury him when the weather is warmer. had him a little over 20 years, sure miss him hes not there when we get up in the morning, dish and bed is put away,

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. I had a Dobe for 14 years and had to let him rest the day after Christmas 3 years ago. I still miss him everyday. We had him creamated and he is in a small box inside our automin. He will be buried with me when I go. My Weim that had what was originally thought to be a stroke was re diagnosed as having Vestibular something disease. It is common to mistake this for a stroke as they have many of the same appearances. The good news is that most dogs have a full or almost full recovery. My guy is doing very well and can get up and walk on his own. He is still a bit wobbly but making progress every day. For anyone reading this please look up this disease, I understand that many people have put dogs down because the early stages look so devastating. But little by little they can recover.

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday #54  
Glad your dog is doing better, somehow missed this earlier. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Many people here helped me when our pets were sick

Just a update. He is about 90% back to normal. He has regained all his strength and coordination in his front paws and legs and and his back end is getting stronger every day. He has managed to reclaim his spot on the couch and climbs up under his own power. I can't begin to explain the difference two weeks has brought. If anyone ever has this happen to their pet, remember, they can bounce back.

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday #58  
It's nice to have a happy ending.

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday #59  
Like some other things in our busy lives, you don't know how much they mean to you until they aren't there anymore, or the thought of them not being there anymore. That's when the reality of their actual importance of your daily day sinks in.

It's been a couple months now and I thought about this thread. My Weim is 100% back to his old self. All in all it took him about 5 weeks to recover, the first 2 were the toughest for him but he made steady and rapid progress almost every day:) . He is back to jumping on the couch, jumping on the bed and wants to trot around outside when ever it's not raining. I remember the day this happened and the next few after, never, never would I believe a rebound like this was possible.