My Dog Died

/ My Dog Died #31  
You can see a lot of personality in those pictures. So sorry for your loss-- been there, done that, and it's heartbreaking.

/ My Dog Died #33  
I am truely sorry for your loss. I, too, lost my little buddy on Nov. 30th to cancer. It was very aggressive and didn't present itself until just 6 weeks before. Too sudden, too unexpected. Cherish your memories of Champ. They won't go away.

/ My Dog Died
Busy but sad yesterday, with a memorable sunset.

Attachments

• 776AB04A-F77B-409C-A7FE-B4011010D97D.png
    776AB04A-F77B-409C-A7FE-B4011010D97D.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 119
  • FF17AC68-E0B1-43BE-B110-EB2B24CBA280.png
    FF17AC68-E0B1-43BE-B110-EB2B24CBA280.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 122
  • A9ACD185-1115-4A84-9B5D-7E7C44A26F8E.png
    A9ACD185-1115-4A84-9B5D-7E7C44A26F8E.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 118
   / My Dog Died #35  
This is very sad news about your pup. The little ones really get into our hearts, and the longer we have them the more it hurts to lose them.

/ My Dog Died #36  
My condolences.

/ My Dog Died #37  
Sorry for your loss of Champ. Thanks for sharing his story.

/ My Dog Died #38  
They ask for so little and give back so much more in return. Champion reads like a great dog who had great owners and who crossed the "Rainbow Bridge" from his favorite spot and waits on the other side holding point for his pack to follow.

My condolences.

Hang in there.

J

That was Willl Rogers.

Below are some of my favorites from Mr. Twain on the subject...

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog".

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man痴."

"When a man痴 dog turns against him it is time for a wife to pack her trunk and go home to mama."
These are the toughest threads to read. I still harken back to my dogs that have moved on... and one in particular that I rescued from the wild. Actually a Coy-Dog I came to find out.

Hard to say more without choking up. I think a good dog might be better than the best man.

/ My Dog Died #39  
Hard to say more without choking up. I think a good dog might be better than the best man.

No, without a doubt. A good man is just as good as a good dog IMO.

A good dog however is better than the average man.

That tells you a lot IMO about both species.

Part of the reason why my wife fell in love with me.

Pretty much any dog you can save with training and guidance and they WILL show you loyalty for it. This is not the case with men. Mr. Twain was pretty smart for being so old... funny how that works for writers in our past.

/ My Dog Died #40  
I'd like to think that instead of just one animal meeting me, it would be at least 20 of my former pets, including my human loved ones.