My Dog Died

/ My Dog Died #51  
We have suffered through the loss of several dogs. Our last 2 were Golden Retreivers puppies that died at 13 and 14 years. Both times I cried like a baby. We decided to get another dog, but this time we looked for a rescue. We found one at a Kill shelter that they said was 9 years old and very sick. We couldnt resist even knowing that Kali probably had a short time left.

Well Kali got well with our Vets assistance and just like everyone before she is the best one yet. :thumbsup:

We have had her for 2 years and she still runs and jumps like a puppy. I think she will be with us for some time to come. Then Ill cry like a baby again and look for another.

View attachment 589430

Wonderful story!!
We lost our sweetest ever (rescue) Lab in September.
Wife says no....too painful!
I say yes....remember the years of love and affection.
Still to be decided!

/ My Dog Died #52  
So sorry for your loss as it brings tears to my eyes as ours passed a few weeks ago and I miss her every day . It just isn't the same when you come home and she isn't their to meet us at the door .

/ My Dog Died #53  
So sorry for your loss as it brings tears to my eyes as ours passed a few weeks ago and I miss her every day . It just isn't the same when you come home and she isn't their to meet us at the door .

I lost my boy Mickey almost 7 years ago and my little girl Minnie just 3 years ago. The tears still come.

/ My Dog Died #54  
I lost my boy Mickey almost 7 years ago and my little girl Minnie just 3 years ago. The tears still come.

German shepherds are the best , as our dog was a shepherd also . I know all dogs are great I just happen to love shepherds .

/ My Dog Died #55  
Sorry for your loss. But it really is better to have and loose than never had. You can tell a lot about a man by how he treats a dog, you also can tell a lot about a man by how the dog looks or watches him. Really believe if deprived children were able to have a dog to raise and care for and build a bond with they would be better for it.

/ My Dog Died #56  
All our dogs have been rescues... About 10 over 50 years of marriage. Rescues an almost full-blooded husky from an abandoned home about 8 years ago. Intended to put him up for adoption but he was affectionate, handsome and loved to run... And we had a farm. For him it was dog heaven. He ran down deer twice, and loved to bring ground hogs to the house to show his skill as a hunter. Got massive cancer last year and had to be put down - he went peacefully in my lap. Our other dog at the time, a terrier mix, died shortly thereafter in an accident. We adopted a bonded pair of border collie mix dogs from the shelter and they are loving the farm - tho still frightened of the John Deere.