MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #21  
Install a safety switch between your ears and you will probably be better off than hoping that the seat switch does something to help you after a stupid move on your part!

Seriously...
^This! Point I was trying to make but stated in a much more succinct way!

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #22  
I mean, how many of you guys with older tractors are retrofitting them with seat safety switches????

I don't see my newer Kubota M7060 as inherently more dangerous than my old John Deere.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #23  
Just bypass it and forget about it.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch
you could look at lifting it /shimming it or slightly change its location.

I'm not sure its possible with this style safety switch. Its installed into the bottom of the seat itself, and extends into the actual cushion portion of the seat. Its not a lever style where weight on the seat frame engages, you have to push down on a specific portion of the seat. I really need to take a pic when I am back home, but I don't recall the 4330 being set up this way. Oddly enough, I also have a 4630 and 7060, and neither one has ever given me any issues.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #25  
I'm not sure its possible with this style safety switch. Its installed into the bottom of the seat itself, and extends into the actual cushion portion of the seat. Its not a lever style where weight on the seat frame engages, you have to push down on a specific portion of the seat. I really need to take a pic when I am back home, but I don't recall the 4330 being set up this way. Oddly enough, I also have a 4630 and 7060, and neither one has ever given me any issues.

Jason, each time you post about that switch, it seems to be less dependable, less repeatable, and less predictable. That sure doesn't sound like much of a safety feature to me. Just because it came that way doesn't mean they got it right.

Given how much a person has to move around and sometimes stand up a little when operating a tractor, that MX5400 switch seems less and less safe with each post.

I'd delete it. Simply paying attention isn't perfectly perfectly reliable either, but it's a better bet.

rScotty

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #26  
Install a safety switch between your ears and you will probably be better off than hoping that the seat switch does something to help you after a stupid move on your part!

Seriously...

I don't know why but Something tells me your not a fan of dark humor ...

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #27  
Interestingly, both my M9's have the OPC switch on the seat but all they do is alert you with a shrill whistle and nothing more. Tractors keep right on chugging along.

If it was me, I'd invest in a paper clip and jump it and be done with it...forever.
Same on my M9960. Beeps but does not shut down.

Farm tractors are sold mostly to farmers. CUTs/SCUTS are marketed to yuppies.

Tort attorneys lurk.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #28  
Same on my M9960. Beeps but does not shut down.

Farm tractors are sold mostly to farmers. CUTs/SCUTS are marketed to yuppies.

Tort attorneys lurk.
As crass as that sounds, it's very true. 'real tractors' that do farm related work often times require the PTO to be running when no one is in the seat like when operating a grain leg or a post pounder, both of which I own. Even a PTO powered generator falls into that realm.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #29  
Its bad enough that my 130lb wife and 140lb son can't even operate the tractor.
Is that really a bad thing? Careful what you wish for!!!

I'm surprised tractors haven't incorporated a seatbelt safety switch. No seatbelt, and the engine cuts out.

I am actually fairly dynamic. I stand up to look at the bucket/forks. I shut off the engine if I'm working off of the tractor for > one minute. But, if it is a quick jump off, jump back on, or even checking fork alignment with a pallet, I don't want the engine to cut off.

My 4 wheel drive locker takes a fair amount of weight, and actually works best with my sitting on the fender.

So no seat safety switch. And no clutch safety switch either.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #30  
Just say no to seat switches :D
I never had one I did not disable.