MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #31  
Is it a plastic disc type switch? I've put extra padding above the disc to make it less sensitive but still works if you get tipped off the seat. I get having a bypass switch is helpful when you run the PTO off tractor, if it won't stay going with the brake set.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #33  
If you have the common sense to worry about the consequences of disconnecting the switch than you have enough common sense to be aware of what you did and it will be OK.

Someone disconnected the switch on my L4060, but I keep the switch working on my BX2360 since I use that pretty much exclusively for mowing and the thought of tipping it on a hill with the mower running is not a pretty picture.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #34  
Have you considered having Kubota look at it? It may be a switch issue that is causing the over sensitivity of the switch. A simple change out might fix the issue.
Most people opt to just delete the switch, and while I admit that the switch can be a pain at times, there is a perfectly good reason for it's existance. Most people don't think the rare occasions that the switch might save their lives to be worth the aggravation of dealing with it.
My biggest issue with it is when I am trying to pick up something with the forks on the FEL and I can't quite see the tips of the forks, and don't want to run into the item. I typically get close, then adjust the for tips by standing up to see them, then moving slightly forward till I am under it. Not possible with the switch operating.
Just for the record, I have never disabled a switch, and my Kubota doesn't shut down when I get off the seat, so someone must have!
David from jax

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #35  
As crass as that sounds, it's very true. 'real tractors' that do farm related work often times require the PTO to be running when no one is in the seat like when operating a grain leg or a post pounder, both of which I own. Even a PTO powered generator falls into that realm.

When we little guys need our little tractors to run a PTO unseated, we rotate our little seats forward against the steering wheel.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #36  
I am glad Kubota didn't make the m7060 like this or I would delete it. My tractor is set up to where it only interferes if the pto is on. I like to stand up on the tractor during loader use.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #37  
OP, from memory, I think you're right about the 4330 seat switch being different than your current model. Seems like there's a plastic arm about
1 1/2" long that pivots when it hits the opposite surface.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #38  
Adjust the seat adjustment to softer and it will solve the problem

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #39  
My biggest issue with it is when I am trying to pick up something with the forks on the FEL and I can't quite see the tips of the forks, and don't want to run into the item. I typically get close, then adjust the for tips by standing up to see them, then moving slightly forward till I am under it. Not possible with the switch operating.
The CK I have has a ~5sec delay. Not the longest of times, but prevents it from cutting off while looking at my fork tips or getting bounced around in the field.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #40  
My Kioti Ck2610, I was really thinking about disabling seat safety. It's nice to be able to stand up, and look at pallet forks ect; However; one time. wife's German Shepard tried to hop up on the tractor deck as I was getting down, and he hit the forward peddle, trying to run himself and me over. Decided not to bypass. What I would like is an ability to hit a switch to switch between safety and not safety?
Good thing you don't own an older tractor!