MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #11  
First mod on my MX was seat switch delete. Just tie the 2 wires together as suggested.
Seat kill switch and back up alarm are not wanted here.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #12  
My 2009 Kubota M6040 has a safety alarm system. Leave the drivers seat - an alarm sounds for about ten seconds. NOTHING is shut down. Not the PTO nor the tractor. You might want to check and see how that is done.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #13  
My Kioti Ck2610, I was really thinking about disabling seat safety. It's nice to be able to stand up, and look at pallet forks ect; However; one time. wife's German Shepard tried to hop up on the tractor deck as I was getting down, and he hit the forward peddle, trying to run himself and me over. Decided not to bypass. What I would like is an ability to hit a switch to switch between safety and not safety?

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #14  
Interestingly, both my M9's have the OPC switch on the seat but all they do is alert you with a shrill whistle and nothing more. Tractors keep right on chugging along.

If it was me, I'd invest in a paper clip and jump it and be done with it...forever.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #15  
Yeah my Massey stop after a few second from being out of the seat, its pretty quick, I have to disable it from time to time, when I have a PTO implement on and I want go down to look see it in action, it wont run even on neutral while the PTO is running ... in that case I zip tie it. Also same here if I sit sideways on the seat it constantly want to stall pretty annoying.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #16  
My 2009 Kubota M6040 has a safety alarm system. Leave the drivers seat - an alarm sounds for about ten seconds. NOTHING is shut down. Not the PTO nor the tractor. You might want to check and see how that is done.

Open station that alarm probably isn't much of a problem. Inside a quiet cab, when the alarm goes off it is so loud it can CAUSE an accident when you react to the noise.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #17  
My Kioti Ck2610, I was really thinking about disabling seat safety. It's nice to be able to stand up, and look at pallet forks ect; However; one time. wife's German Shepard tried to hop up on the tractor deck as I was getting down, and he hit the forward peddle, trying to run himself and me over. Decided not to bypass. What I would like is an ability to hit a switch to switch between safety and not safety

What you want is a Timer Relay like this:

Wire it in parallel with the seat switch and when you push the button, it will bypass the switch for 10 seconds, then reset.

There are other ones you can get that will go for minutes to hours depending on how you set them.

Amazon.com

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #18  
I bought a new MX5400 in '22, and I am almost ready to completely disable the seat safety switch. It entirely too sensitive, and and just about any change in position on the seat will shut the tractor down. I'm 170lbs, and its aggravating trying to run/watch any implement behind you without the tractor trying to turn off. Looks like this one is physically built into the bottom of the seat cushion, so I am not sure if there is any way to make it less sensitive. Its bad enough that my 130lb wife and 140lb son can't even operate the tractor.

Any solution short of disabling it all together?
Is the switch adjusted correctly? Could be its just not sitting straight or high enough causing the switch to be barely engaged.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #19  
You could disable it if you wish, but if you get killed because it didn’t work, don’t come back here and COMPLAIN. :LOL: