MX servicing

/ MX servicing #1  

sea2summit

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
About to do my 50 hr service on my Mx5800. Any suprises I should be on the lookout for or helpful tips?

Already know to have my metric and standard sockets out...:thumbdown:

/ MX servicing #2  
About to do my 50 hr service on my Mx5800. Any suprises I should be on the lookout for or helpful tips?

Already know to have my metric and standard sockets out...:thumbdown:

Is it hydrostatic?? My HST filter was very tough to remove. Took two guys with strap wrenches and me tapping the base of the filter with a drift pin. Once we got it loose, I stuck a shop vac hose in the hydraulic fluid fill port and swapped the filter.

Other than that, there was nothing to it really. Check your wheel lug nuts and loader bolts with a torque wrench while you're doing it.

/ MX servicing #3  
I think now would be the time to mark those bolts too (if you do that).

/ MX servicing
Just got done, 53 minutes including search time for my tourque wrench I forgot I had put in the truck when I last pulled a trailer.

Few lug nuts in the rear wheels weren't at the appropriate tourque but weren't loose by any means. Filters were fine and broke free as they should. Lost a lot more hydrolic fluid than I thought I would changing filters, probably 1.5 gal.

Biggest takeaway was make sure you have your "donkey d$&k" style funnel as that oil fill cap is even more of a pain to get to than I thought it would be. I ended up having to open the hood and run my funnel all the way through the engine to get to it.

/ MX servicing #5  
Check your front axle fluid. All of them are low.