Mule 610 started blowing white smoke

/ Mule 610 started blowing white smoke
the pressure is from the fuel and warm temperatures, maybe Im over thinking this issue the check valve is the cause, takes a decent pressure to flow from the tank but nothing to the tank, think a half jerry can of fuel sitting in the sun there is the pressure Im talking about,

/ Mule 610 started blowing white smoke #22  
the pressure is from the fuel and warm temperatures, maybe Im over thinking this issue the check valve is the cause, takes a decent pressure to flow from the tank but nothing to the tank, think a half jerry can of fuel sitting in the sun there is the pressure Im talking about,
That does not seem like enough pressure to cause a problem.
Running with the fill cap loose or off would tell if that is the problem.
I think it's time to check the float level and main jet.

agree will be next in the shop have a Artic Cat 500 ATV in the way waiting on a primer assy, once installed I will be pulling the carb off the Mule

the odd check valve arrived, testing by blowing there is no difference, maybe a little less it is free flow one way and requires a good blow to flow the other, free flow is towards the fuel tank.

what I have done, stripped the carb and gave it a good cleaning, it was no obvious issues, replaced the fuel pump, it was defective and replaced the gas, it seems to be fixed no issues obvious as far as power and pickup, no sputtering at full throttle either

fingers crossed good for summer fun

/ Mule 610 started blowing white smoke #26  
Thanks for the update. Sounds like both fuel pump and carb were at fault

sure does, fuel pump was allowing fuel to flow both ways, the carb was not bad but on the float pin/needle has the spring pin inside, the pin was sticking which I believe made the fuel level higher, anyway I replaced the needle and all is good

agree but its air cooled

here is the update, the 610 is working like a charm but sunday at the lake the old 550 lost power going up hill and dies, after much cranking it did start, ran back home lower rpm or it also died.

after doing some investigation I suspected the fuel pump, but testing as the manual describes it passes however not a lot of fuel, dealer was no inventory so took one for the 610, the 610 is all plastic the 550 is a 3 part aluminum housing, installed the pump, lot more volume, did a carb cleaning, it had a fair amount of crud in the bowel so after installing it the machine runs like a charm better than the 610 at idle.

now Im no sceptic but thats 2 machines, both needing new fuel pumps and carb cleaning, what are the odds? Im suspecting bad gas from a jerry can last fall, now today I tried to cut the grass at the lake today, would not start, you guessed it no fuel, this is Deere zero turn with a Kawasaki motor but the pump is mechanical on the back of the motor, this pump is 2 seasons old off Amazon, installed a electric low pressure pump and runs fine again, thinking I will leave the electric pump on this mower and yes same gas was used for all 3 machines last fall.