mule 4010 quad cab DFI light on

/ mule 4010 quad cab DFI light on #1  

Michelle K linnane

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4103
I have a mule 4010 we just serviced it changed oil and transmission fuel. I have used for about 10 hours and the light DFI is on solid. The power steering light blinks on and off. I also noticed a lack of power when I drove it. Did not see light when I first ook off went about 30 feet and saw it was on.
The park brake is not on.

Questions:
1) I have not check the power steering fluid yet as I do not know where it is?

2) Also where do I get power steering fluid for mule if it the same as a car.

3) What does the DFI light being on solid mean?

Any info would be helpful thanx.

/ mule 4010 quad cab DFI light on
Questions Still???
1) I have not check the power steering fluid yet as I do not know where it is?

2) Also where do I get power steering fluid for mule if it the same as a car.

I think I fixed my problem when I turned mule on I heard clicking and I have never heard that before. Also yesterday I was testing a pump on ATV sprayer and hooked it up to mule battery as it is easier to get to. Before doing this everthing worked fine.

Cable on the postive terminal was loose need to turn about almost three full turns.

When I read the trouble shooting guide everything pointed to electrical problem. Along with that and I had just touched battery terminals last night I decided to check power from source.
Sure enough they needed to be tighten badly. The DFI light is off and the power steering light is not flashing. I drove it a little and seem fine. But the DFI was on solid and the power steering light blinked. I assume this is what was wrong?
Does this make sense? The power steering light went off and that was flashing also?