Grapple MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple

/ MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple
I know little about tractor hydraulics. I called my Mahindra dealer, one of the service guys I spoke with told me the two quick disconnects at the back of my tractor would not work, would not work like a third function. I thought one quick disconnect would be power beyond and the other return to tank but he said it was not. I forgot what all he told me.

I keep poking around on this forum and will get enough info to be dangerous!

My Mahindra has a BH; when that's not attached, the two hoses (which are part of the PB loop, and feed the three-point) must be plugged together. Since I've replaced my FEL valve with one with an extra valve, my old valve can be plugged into the rear loop, as long as I add a third hose for a true return.

/ MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple #33  
Johnnyred, I hope you like your new tool. I'm definitely interested in how it works out for you. I dont know if it will impact your order, but Cliff at MTL told me he was out until January 2.

/ MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple #34  
JonnyRed - did you get the MTL 48? I'm looking at the same thing for my JD 4600 with 460 loader. What size is your CUT?

/ MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple #35  
Anybody have any other updates on their MTL grapples?

/ MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple #36  
I love my dual lid 60". Have used it numerous times since the ice and last hurricane with tree cleanup.

Last use was Friday, when I used the curved end of the upper jaw inverted to demount a tire from its rim. :D

/ MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple #37  
Love to hear the unconventional use! I'll keep that tucked away in my mind just in case I need to change a stubborn tire in the future!

/ MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple #39  
Love to hear the unconventional use! I'll keep that tucked away in my mind just in case I need to change a stubborn tire in the future!

So I have become lazier since getting my grapple. Better than taking the grapple on and off!

Seriously though, my MTL 66” has been holding up great. I have really used the snot out of it as well. For $1k, there is nothing to complain about here.

ujHPCFs.jpg

/ MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple #40  
I ordered this one yesterday: MTL Attachments Compact Tractor Skid Steer 48 Root Rake Grapple Bucket-Free Ship | eBay

I'll let y'all know how it works out. It may be a bit small for my tractor but I am hoping it will hold up.

With a weight of 350 lbs I will have plenty of lift left in the loader.

I am planning on getting the same one when I upgrade in a few weeks. For under $1000 delivered it is very affordable. Hard to justify spending double or more for part time use around the homestead.