MT 573 Issues

/ MT 573 Issues #31  
TimberFarm this maybe from riding the clutch. Especially at higher rpm will eventually cause
damage to the clutch pack.
I’m sure you are right about damage to the clutch pack eventually. But I’m more worried about the jerking in and out of gear on the transmission. My other shuttle shift tractor is 20 years old and still working fine feathering the clutch pulling into hay or picking up tools on the front loader. I don’t think this trans will last that long. I’ve quit using it in favor of my older tractor. I know it will be fine for other jobs just not for the primary job I bought it for. I’ll just have to take my loss and learn my lesson about buying off brand tractors. Older and wiser.

/ MT 573 Issues #32  
TimberFarm this maybe from riding the clutch. Especially at higher rpm will eventually cause
damage to the clutch pack.
Tends to do it if I also come in and forget to shift down to a lower gear when hitting the pile.

/ MT 573 Issues #33  
I’ve had the beep but not the pop out. Try a lower gear to stab bales ? What gear range and gear are you using ? Only time i get the beep is when I have it in to high of a gear and trying to do precision work. These transmissions are tough. Only time I popped out of gear was a horrifying moment of traveling down the road at top speed. I accidentally flipped the shifter thinking it was my turn signal cause my car and trucks on that side. Clutches are meant to slip. I almost wonder if yours needs a calibration ? There is clutch pressure adjustment , clutch engagement, and shifter engagement.

/ MT 573 Issues
I think you have something there. I was mowing last week, had lifted the mower to make a turn and got a
loud beep. Immediately stopped, shifted down, slowed down and no more beep. Once straightened out,
dropped the mower and back to normal. I did not pop out of gear etc. Your statement of "precision work
and too high a gear" might be accurate. At least I'm thinking it was.
Btw, have either of you guys installed a grill to protect the front? Bought or shop made?

/ MT 573 Issues #35  
I think you have something there. I was mowing last week, had lifted the mower to make a turn and got a
loud beep. Immediately stopped, shifted down, slowed down and no more beep. Once straightened out,
dropped the mower and back to normal. I did not pop out of gear etc. Your statement of "precision work
and too high a gear" might be accurate. At least I'm thinking it was.
Btw, have either of you guys installed a grill to protect the front? Bought or shop made?
I modified my grill. Here is the video. I absolutely love it and should come factory this way.

/ MT 573 Issues #36  
A new grill is on the list. Actually a whole new bumper/weight bracket. I bent the factory one really easy. Even worse was I couldn’t open the hood until I pulled it back straight. I get the fun of swapping tire spacing around. Wish these new tractors had the axle shafts and clamps like the old iron.

/ MT 573 Issues
A new grill is on the list. Actually a whole new bumper/weight bracket. I bent the factory one really easy. Even worse was I couldn’t open the hood until I pulled it back straight. I get the fun of swapping tire spacing around. Wish these new tractors had the axle shafts and clamps like the old iron.
Ha. I don't think that bumper was ever intended to actually push anything. Mainly there for looks.
But, add some pierced tin or heavy screen like Avenger to it and it might help with limbs, sticks etc puncturing the screen on the hood.
I thought you mainly used the 573 to move rock/gravel. Are you dropping the FEL to install front weights or
just want a nice new bumper?

/ MT 573 Issues #39  
Ha. I don't think that bumper was ever intended to actually push anything. Mainly there for looks.
But, add some pierced tin or heavy screen like Avenger to it and it might help with limbs, sticks etc puncturing the screen on the hood.
I thought you mainly used the 573 to move rock/gravel. Are you dropping the FEL to install front weights or
just want a nice new bumper?
The LS is my do all tractor. It sure has moved a lot of stone. I have a vegetable farm and expanding. I use it to work ground. I plow , subsoil , run a 7’ hd tiller , shape beds , haul water you name it.

I usually leave the loader on minus the bucket. I would like weights on the front for plowing and subsoiling. I also want more protection for brush and to add some holes for chains. I hate chaining over the axle to haul.

/ MT 573 Issues
I usually leave the loader on minus the bucket. I would like weights on the front for plowing and subsoiling. I also want more protection for brush and to add some holes for chains. I hate chaining over the axle to haul.
Please post whatever solution you come up with. I leave my loader on all the time, minus attachments, depending on work being done. I definitely would like holes in front for chains.