Mower Choice for ToolCat

/ Mower Choice for ToolCat #11  
Chris, I do not have any input on your mower questions, but I do have a 60" AnBo Grapple Rake currently on my PowerTrac 1845 and have been quite pleased with it. Works fine and very solidly built.

/ Mower Choice for ToolCat
Glad to know that you like the Anbo Grapple, Rip, thank you for the input.

/ Mower Choice for ToolCat #13  
Currently Bobcat sells its FC200 Flail Cutter in North America, but evidently offers both the FC200 79-inch AND the FC175 69-inch models in at least Europe. And they sell parts for both models worldwide. Bobcat introduced its flail cutters this year (2005).

Locomotive8, these flail mowers do seem robust; Seppi M. emphasizes mulching. And let's hope you can get a Toolcat soon... if a 5600 Turbo C is a bit much, perhaps look for a used B-series (still very capable)! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Mower Choice for ToolCat #14  
<font color="blue"> The Bobcat dealer thinks I'd be best renting a flail or brushcat ONCE, clear the fields, then buy the 72" finish mower to keep the areas mowed. </font>

Chris:

That's probably your best option, IMO

Dean

/ Mower Choice for ToolCat #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( flail cutter is wider than some of the trails I wish to cut. The 60" Brushcat sounds about right for my clearing needs. On the other hand, the idea of a finish mower really appeals to me to help speed up mowing of the expanding "wide open acres" of mowing compared to using Walker for that. So, I'm leaning toward a combo of the Bobcat finish mower and the Bobcat brushcat. )</font>
What CRJCaptain recommends (renting rough cutter) is fine for your field prep project if you're able complete it in a short period of time, but it might take more passes with the flail or Brushcat and more time than you might estimate to remove thickets and brush and get your fields in the shape you want before going to the Bobcat Mower (72" near-finish).

Also, I see you also have plans to do clearing work in your woods and to add trails. That's where actually buying a 60" Bobcat Brushcat or Ammbusher rotary cutter is ideal, so you can tackle those tasks as time permits for an hour or two here and there, and not be under a rental deadline. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks for the input, Dean. And I think you're right, Brian, I have lots of plans for a rough cutter. Appreciate all your input by the way. I placed my order yesterday for the ToolCat Turbo rev. C, with following attachments: combo bucket, dumping hopper model 10, pallet forks, SG60 stump grinder, BrushCat rough cut mower, Bobcat 72" (near finish) mower, Anbo grapple. Should be here over the holidays-- Santa must have confused me with someone else-- and I'm very happy about it!

/ Mower Choice for ToolCat #17  
Gadgetnut/Chris,
So we think along the same lines... welcome to the Toolcat owner fraternity /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif and keep us posted as equipment arrives and you put those attachments to use.

Very nice selections... I relinquish all claims to having the Best TBN Toolcat With Attachments Collection (BTBNTCWAC) and by unanimous consent we award the BTBNTCWAC Prize to you (for now /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Mower Choice for ToolCat #18  
Congrats on the order..... should be quite the set-up to tackle a multitude of tasks in about the most civilized manner possible! Can't wait to hear how it all works out.

Brian, thank you for the good wishes and thanks for handing the BTBNTCWAC Prize to me (I mean, thanks, I think-- sounds like an expensive title to keep-- I'll be happy to pass it on anytime!!) Just kidding. I'm thrilled and have had a great time learning from you guys, and I look forward to using ToolCat and participating here in such a friendly and helpful forum. Best from Chris