Moving and repurposing a building, advice needed

/ Moving and repurposing a building, advice needed #31  
I would not want to go to the effort of trying to move something if the structure could fall apart in the highway for me to have to clean up.

/ Moving and repurposing a building, advice needed #32  
if it needs a new roof, what is left ? this shelter is basically a roof on posts (and you don't want the posts)

rather than spending all the time, efforts, risks, and permits to haul it down the road, I would either 1) dismantle to manageable sections, 2) dismantle completely and salvage what you can to re-purpose, or 3) walk away. Not worth the time and effort. If the intent is to help your neighbour out, then #3 doesn't apply.

All the best, whatever you decide.

/ Moving and repurposing a building, advice needed #33  
Side question: did the owner/builder put the posts in concrete barrels to avoid the building being considered a permanent structure, ie taxes? That's the only reason I could see doing that. He put more work and expense into building it that way vs installing the posts 4ft below the ground.

I'm no carpenter, but it seems like this structure was built on the posts as the starting point. I think when you cut them off, it won't be stable enough to stay together. Also sectioning across the width may not be possible either.