Moving a GR2100.

/ Moving a GR2100. #1  

popeye49

Tractor
Kubota GR2100
Most lawn tractors with a hydrostatic drive have a control rod that you pull on at the rear of the tractor in order to make pushing the tractor easy. The GR2100 does not have one & it can be very tough to move when it won't or you don't have it running. The manual says not to tow it, but obviously you need to move it somehow without it running. Anyone with a solution?

/ Moving a GR2100. #2  
My G2160 is in the same boat, no gear selector and no manual Hydro relief valve. I can at least lift up the rear and tow it backwards as it is only rear wheel drive. The dealer did not have an answer for this either. Suppose I could use the forks on the big tractor but this is not much help for you.

David Kb7uns

/ Moving a GR2100. #3  
Another option would be a pair of the BXpanded carts built for the backhoe attachments?

If the If the mowers pump/transmission is direct drive from the engine bell housing its not going to move.

If its set up with a chain drive for the wheels one of the master links can be
broken and the chains removed to tow it.

An even better option now that I think of it is a pair of wrecker wheel dollies from

Towing | Recovery | Repo | Safety | Service Truck Equipment and Supplies - AW Direct

They have all sorts of things for wreckers and tow straps too.

/ Moving a GR2100. #4  
IIRC someone posted somewhere awhile back that there is a hex shaped valve on the tranny that can be loosened up to free wheel the tractor.Was not a clear explanation of exactly where it is.

/ Moving a GR2100. #5  
IIRC someone posted somewhere awhile back that there is a hex shaped valve on the tranny that can be loosened up to free wheel the tractor.Was not a clear explanation of exactly where it is.

If the unit is a sullivan tranaxle it will have the bypass valve but it can only be moved at 2 MPH when bypassed and it will have no brakes-whoopsie.

/ Moving a GR2100.
If the unit is a sullivan tranaxle it will have the bypass valve but it can only be moved at 2 MPH when bypassed and it will have no brakes-whoopsie.

I appreciate the help, but where is this valve?

/ Moving a GR2100. #7  
I appreciate the help, but where is this valve?

If you go the sullivan site the diagrams are available there, be sure to have it firmly blocked or chained to keep it from moving while you are under it.

its a case of being able to reach it if the mower does not have a flip up body to fully expose the motor and transmission.

/ Moving a GR2100.
It sounds like you might be thinking of a different animal. The GR2100 is a diesel lawn tractor with a 54" belly mower. I'm not sure if you're might be referring to a compact tractor or a zero turn, but what you're saying doesn't seem to jive with what I have.

/ Moving a GR2100.
Thanks. I appreciate your help. I just can't figure out the location of the bypass valve from the drawing, though. I'm not much of a mechanic.