Montana 5740 PTO Question

/ Montana 5740 PTO Question
Unclebuck,

Thanks for calling, was good talking with you.

I found and corrected the problem with my "Auto" PTO mode.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There is a micro-switch that rides over a striker plate on the 3-point position lever. This switch was sticky and out of adjustment. Cleaned and adjusted the switch and all is well... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thinking of investing in a shop manual for this tractor, but, if it is translated and written as poorly as the owners manual it may not be worth it.

/ Montana 5740 PTO Question #12  
Tiller,

Glad you found and fixed the problem!! As far as the manual goes, I think it was written by a drunk suffering from a severe hangover!! It certainly needs to be replaced with a DECENT, QUALITY, one!! That is the only thing about the Montana tractor that I was disappointed with!

/ Montana 5740 PTO Question #13  
Right with you on that one Unclebuck257. The manual is almost funny!
"Wear the sports shoes or the low shoes for the safe operation instead of the slipper or the high shoes." What the heck does that mean, and why is it in my tractor manual?!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Montana 5740 PTO Question #14  
It was mentioned to me that they were going to work on the manuals but don't know when. They are some pretty funny reading but you can usually find what you need in them once you quit laughing!!

Glad to see you got the proplem solved and that it was a simple fix.

/ Montana 5740 PTO Question #15  
"Wear the sports shoes or the low shoes for the safe operation instead of the slipper or the high shoes"

Gavin,

A more complete translation is, " Do not wear high heels or slippers, ---tennis (sport) shoes are prefferable" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dancce

/ Montana 5740 PTO Question #16  
Wow Dan, you are good. By the way, it was a pleasure to meet you and talk to you the little time we had.

Maka

/ Montana 5740 PTO Question #17  
I think I understand!
Don't let cross-dressers drive your tractor? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Montana 5740 PTO Question #18  
Maka,

Nice to finally meet you also.
It's a good thing you drove to the national dealers meeting---so you would have room to pack all the awards back with you.
(For those interested, Maka's dealership was the the top Montana tractor dealer in the nation!!)
Congratulations,Bobby.

dancce

/ Montana 5740 PTO Question #19  
Maka and dancee,

Thanks for that info dancee and CONGRADS!! to you Bobby!!! Both of you are real quality guys, and that's from just talking with each of you on the telephone!!

/ Montana 5740 PTO Question #20  
Gavman,

"Don't let crossdressers drive your tractor"!!!...WHAT!!??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Man, is my neighbor going to be upset with that info!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif He just bought a new dress and heals for this upcoming summer mowing season too!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif