Model confusion

/ Model confusion #1  

RonSwanson

Bronze Member
Tractor
N/A
Looking in to some Mahindras today and noticed that the 2638HST with a loader retails for less than a 1635HST with a loader by about a grand. The 2638 has more power, weighs more, and much more lift capacity. What am I missing?

/ Model confusion #2  
If the numbering is similar to a few years ago the 15/16 series is their “premium” line. It’s made by Mitsubishi and has a few extra standard features. If memory serves me it’s stuff like cruise control and the loader control on the rear fender. The 16/16 series is made by TYM. They both have the same motor.

/ Model confusion #3  
The 1500 and 1600 series are made by Mitsubishi, the 2500 and 2600 series are made by TYM. Both build a strong tractor and as RNeumann said, they have the same Mahindra no DPF motor design. The lift capacity difference has to do with the weight of the tractor and the loader design. I know TYM builds their own loaders, not sure if Mitsubishi does or if its built by someone else.

Retail price also doesn't mean much since they often have significant price drops from the retail list price. If you're interested in two different models then get quotes on both from the dealer. There can also be a significant price difference between the cash price and the financing prices. You pay more up front for a low rate financing and sometimes can get better financing rates from a local bank or credit union. Your dealer should provide a written quote on each tractor with a cash price and usually two different financing options.

/ Model confusion #6  
My 1538 has a FEL that was made in the USA according to the labeling. That would make sense with KMW.

Fortunately for me my 3016 is prior to emissions 2011 . . . the JD's are way before that . . .