MK Martin Meteor Snow Blower

/ MK Martin Meteor Snow Blower #21  
Just a quick update. We got hammered with snow these last few days. I have leveled the blower, meaning that the scraper blade is (mostly) parallel to the road surface. There is a good base layer of packed frozen snow. No more, or very little gravel is being sucked up. The small amount is likely due to the chains on the tractor kicking them up. Two nights ago, I was out blowing and sucked up a branch that apparently had fallen from the trees. The sheer pin for the auger, the secondary smaller pin, broke. The fan kept spinning, but the auger stopped with the branch sticking out of it. Back to the shop and 10 minutes later I was back in action.

So far, I love this thing! WAY better than using the FEL or box blade. I did look at putting a pipe or something on the front edge, and maybe that will happen when there isn't a frozen base down, but as of right now, I've cleared the driveway maybe a dozen times, and have gone though two pins. The cutting edge rides on the base layer, and the blower works great!

Thank you to all who have posted! I was hesitant to go this route, but glad I did.
Yes, once you learn of the benefit of these pull type blowers, they are so efficient for their intended purpose.

/ MK Martin Meteor Snow Blower #22  
Just a quick update. We got hammered with snow these last few days. I have leveled the blower, meaning that the scraper blade is (mostly) parallel to the road surface. There is a good base layer of packed frozen snow. No more, or very little gravel is being sucked up. The small amount is likely due to the chains on the tractor kicking them up. Two nights ago, I was out blowing and sucked up a branch that apparently had fallen from the trees. The sheer pin for the auger, the secondary smaller pin, broke. The fan kept spinning, but the auger stopped with the branch sticking out of it. Back to the shop and 10 minutes later I was back in action.

So far, I love this thing! WAY better than using the FEL or box blade. I did look at putting a pipe or something on the front edge, and maybe that will happen when there isn't a frozen base down, but as of right now, I've cleared the driveway maybe a dozen times, and have gone though two pins. The cutting edge rides on the base layer, and the blower works great!

Thank you to all who have posted! I was hesitant to go this route, but glad I did.

All you need now is a set of armor skids for it and then you will not
have to worry about digging in as you can lower the skids all the
way down which is the top of the mounting slots and tighten them
down and leave the three point hitch in float and you will not gouge
the surface or suck up any sod.

You can always add edge tamers in the center third of the width to it as well.

/ MK Martin Meteor Snow Blower #23  
Another good trick for the first snow blow of the season, or any time you are starting on bare gravel, is to just drive the tractor up and down the area you are going to blow. You don't want to pack it all down just enough so that the blower will have a 2 wheel tracks to ride on. This will pack the snow and give you a small gap between your blower and the gravel. It will stop most of the rock throwing with the blower.

/ MK Martin Meteor Snow Blower #24  
I have a Farm King 60" and would love to be able to go forward, but I try to use the rear blade for early cleaning and reserve the blower for only monster snows, because even when there is a good base down, it's much faster to scoot over going forward with the blade. During big snows I try to get out and blade it every few hours, if I can. This allows me to reserve the blower for only really big storms like the 3 and 4 footers we had over the past decade or so. There have only been two or three in that category. Sometimes I'll put the blower on after clearing to get the snowbanks thrown out of the way so there's room to use the blade for the next one.
This year I've added Edge Tamers and the idea is to go down the road with the bucket floating and the rear blade down as much as possible. Time will tell how that works out, but the edge tamers help a lot on rough surfaces, keeping the bucket from digging in. I was even able to push piles of leaves around this past fall on the grass, something I wouldn't even dare to try without 'em.