MItsubishi D1800 miss and white smoke

/ MItsubishi D1800 miss and white smoke #11  
Have u adjusted the hi speed screw.??

/ MItsubishi D1800 miss and white smoke
I’ll try to answer everything in order. The junkyard head got new valves, a seat grind, decking and magnafluxing, so it’s as good as I can make it. The old one cracked in the bridges because the guy ran it hot (had a coolant leak, and guy just kept going). The block measured straight when I put it together. I didn’t mess with the high speed screw. I did take the exhaust manifold off, and confirmed both cylinders are missing and smoking, at roughly the same rate. So if there’s a valve float, it’s happening at 1600 rpm for both cylinders. It’s possible, but I have a hard time thinking it’s the culprit. I have another set of valve springs I could try. I don’t see any adjustment of the pump other than possibly that timing shim under the base, which I’ve left alone. That’s all I can think of at the moment.

/ MItsubishi D1800 miss and white smoke #13  
It’s possible that the timing is off.. if it runs good at lower rpm’s and starts popping and smoking at a higher rpm..
If it’s white, on most diesels, it means the timing is retarded (late).. and the fix for that is lower the pump..
(take out a shim, whatcha got to lose?)
Have u checked the actual timing.??

/ MItsubishi D1800 miss and white smoke #14  
Find the throttle lever that hooks the pump to the pedal.. there should be 2 adj screws.. hi idle and low idle..

It’s possible that the timing is off.. if it runs good at lower rpm’s and starts popping and smoking at a higher rpm..
If it’s white, on most diesels, it means the timing is retarded (late).. and the fix for that is lower the pump..
(take out a shim, whatcha got to lose?)
Have u checked the actual timing.??
Nothing to lose at all :) I’ll give it a try. Thank you! No o haven’t checked timing. I had assumed it was still correct, and not messed with it.

Find the throttle lever that hooks the pump to the pedal.. there should be 2 adj screws.. hi idle and low idle..
I think there’s only one screw, for high rpm. I’ll take a pic of the lever and post it today. I have to go sell Girl Scout cookies with my daughter before the game, and then I got to whip up the grub for people coming over, but I think I’ll have a window of opportunity in there somewhere :)

/ MItsubishi D1800 miss and white smoke #17  
GS cookies, LOL!!!
The wife came home last week with a HUGE BOX FULL of them.. I asked her which kid wrangled her into selling them.?? She said, NO, these are the ones I BOUGHT.!!!
Holy Smokes.!!! Lol
I’ve been piggin out for days on these things..

/ MItsubishi D1800 miss and white smoke #18  
Hi folks,
I have a grey market Mitsubishi D1800 (II) with a KE95 engine. I haven't checked compression yet, but it starts right up and runs just fine, up to about 1700-1800 rpm, where it starts to bog and spit white smoke. Both cylinders doing it. When I bring it back down to about 1500 rpm, all is well. Idles all the way down to 500 rpm. Starts quickly and runs great, up to that point, and it'll run all day like that. I pushed it once just to see if I can get past a "bad spot" and nothing changes, but I throttle it back to around 1500, and she just hums. I just replaced the head and gasket (new valve job) a week or so ago, re-torqued just today. Injectors both crack at about 1600-1700 psi and give a nice chatter and mist. No leaks, no change with / without air filter, just did the overhead at .013... I'm kinda stumped. Normally I'd say new injectors, but these look perfect. Any thoughts?
I've been told the KE95 engine was used domestically in the US/Canada by Club Cadet on the 7000/8000 tractors. If you know of the proper cross over model, you can buy parts new.

When I re-did the, MITSUBISHI-SATOH HISTORY doc, there are hints of this on the web. I just don't have enough info or time to dig that deep.

/ MItsubishi D1800 miss and white smoke #19  
GS cookies, LOL!!!
The wife came home last week with a HUGE BOX FULL of them.. I asked her which kid wrangled her into selling them.?? She said, NO, these are the ones I BOUGHT.!!!
Holy Smokes.!!! Lol
I’ve been piggin out for days on these things..
Oh my! Don't get too unhealthy on us. Your a vital person for so many of us tractor owners here.

/ MItsubishi D1800 miss and white smoke #20  
Aaah.. nuthin a couple 3 stool softeners won’t take care off.. lol