Missing Loaders ?

/ Missing Loaders ? #11  
Japanese built tractor, US built loader.

In Canada Kubota offers both US built loaders and Orange painted and Kubota decaled ALO Quicke loaders.
In reality the smaller ones are assembled in Georgia from parts sourced from Japan and shipped in containers. I know squat about Canada other than their currency is strange.

/ Missing Loaders ? #12  
In reality the smaller ones are assembled in Georgia from parts sourced from Japan and shipped in containers. I know squat about Canada other than their currency is strange.

We have loonies and twoonies plus colorful plastic bills and don't use pennies so if you pay cash it's rounded to the nearest $0.05 :)

The tractors all arrive as skid units at the dealer here, smaller cabbed ones as well but they are more complete. Larger ones are on tiny rims/tires for easier sea shipment. Dealer does final set up, fenders, ROPS, wheels, etc etc.

Not sure what country the components are combined for which models, largest M series have France on them.

My comment on the loaders was more it the US plant isn't keeping up the could sell the ALO Quicke versions as well. Very common to see either a US LA or European Quicke on the lot.

/ Missing Loaders ? #13  
Work part time for a Kubota dealer and I also bought both my tractors and most of my hay tools from him as well, just bought a new Kubota Net-Twine round baler this spring (made in Italy by Kneverland, rebadged Kubota).

I will say the newest stuff (loaders and backhoes) coming out of Georgia aren't the quality I'm used to seeing. Sloppy welds, poor paint and mis aligned weldments are getting more commonplace. In fact, I've brought a number of loaders and backhoes home and fixed their bad workmanship in the last year or so.

If they plan on increasing production, they had better hire experience workers or train them properly (if they can actually find anyone that is). Factory workers are a rare commodity today.

/ Missing Loaders ? #15  
Im betting the steel isnt scarce, rather people dont want to pay the current pricing.

I can't say for sure that steel is an issue for Kubota, but it certainly is for my work place. We find sizes of shafting, tubing, and some structural sizes unavailable or long lead times. I haven't heard recently but quotes for jobs were only good for 3 days due to rising steel prices and availability issues. 4340 hot rolled had quadrupled in price. We buy 8" by the semi load and have trouble getting enough of it.
That may not be the issue it was a few months ago.

/ Missing Loaders ? #16  
I'm guessing you buy from a service center and not a producer

Last edited:
   / Missing Loaders ? #19  
My nearby and second choice dealer told me Thursday if I wanted a Grand L cabbed WITH a loader any time soon then I should put my name on the 50th anniversary L6060 edition that has been allocated to him. He said he could see where they are starting to ship to dealers. He suspects they are being run in a large batch due to the unique paint scheme of burnt orange and dark gray. Makes sense. If he’ll just call me back and answer a couple of questions I’ll pull the trigger. Price he quoted quite good at 13% off MSRP of a regular L6060.

7EFA3A07-895E-4ABD-9AB6-3BFF9130B17D.jpeg

/ Missing Loaders ? #20  
I'm guessing you buy from a service center and not a producer
Most business do (I do as well) because buying from a producer (mill) entails buying thousands of tons at one time so only the largest manufacturers do.

Mills only sell in bulk quantities and usually master coils only that still have to be processed (levelled or pickled or slit to size) by another firm that specializes in those processes.