Mini-saw reviews?

/ Mini-saw reviews?
Here is the mini I ordered. It has a oiler, uses a standard size chain and batteries I already have.
------------------------------------------------------
In my day job, I've been clearing out brush in the yard of a closed for a few years business and having qreif getting to all the 1 to 3" among new growth. I just got a battery mini saw to assist.

Makita XCU06Z 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 10" Top Handle Chain Saw, Tool Only
61eqDjCN5wL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

/ Mini-saw reviews? #22  
A friend of mine still walks with a limp after clearing brush with a chainsaw that got him just above the knee.

If he had been wearing chainsaw chaps, might have saved that trip to the ER and all the rest.

/ Mini-saw reviews?
I am a certified sawyer via the NFS and have been for many, many years. I take saw safety seriously and for anyone who likes statistics, there are aroubnd 30,000 er visits per year in the US due to chainsaw accidents. Ya, and everyone can buy one.

50% of saw cuts are above your belt.

/ Mini-saw reviews?
I tried to get some pics of the small trees I need to cut off at the job site today. There is steel and wire, everywhere and everything you see cut in the photo's, was done via lopper. Bottom photo is what the area looks like after the loopping and whacking was done today.
P1070121.jpg
P1070117.jpg
P1070127.jpg
P1070123.jpg

/ Mini-saw reviews?
I am loving this pint sized saw. Yes its duty cycle is too short but I've learned to work around that and I've not started a regular saw since this job started. No large cuts need so far.
P1070383.jpg
P1070377.jpg
P1070384.jpg

/ Mini-saw reviews? #27  
I have a Felco 822 backpack pruner, it will do hardwood up to 1-3/4”
diameter in about one second. Due to various shoulder injuries it is very hard for me to use a lopper. It is great for brushing out Russian olive on mountain bike trails.

1659049090558.png

/ Mini-saw reviews?
I have a Felco 822 backpack pruner, it will do hardwood up to 1-3/4”
diameter in about one second. Due to various shoulder injuries it is very hard for me to use a lopper. It is great for brushing out Russian olive on mountain bike trails.

View attachment 756160
Turbo, you do know we have a trail clearing thread here? We use loppers too and are IMBA trained.

Last edited:
   / Mini-saw reviews?
I have two of these baby sized saws and do like them for limbing and back-packing in to clear branches.

/ Mini-saw reviews? #30  
I don't have enough time left on this earth to wait for a battery saw to limb the trees I fell. Shrubbery yes, limbing not so much.

Last edited: