Mini-saw reviews?

/ Mini-saw reviews? #11  
I wonder about the danger of these style of mini chain saws. At least a pole saw keeps the chain a respectable distance from body parts.

/ Mini-saw reviews? #12  
So, when am I going to get my 6-8" chainsaw bayonet? Important questions need to be asked.

/ Mini-saw reviews? #13  
Right after I get my 5 mile particle beam blaster.

/ Mini-saw reviews? #14  
Seems like it would work great for a little while, but then the chain will need to be sharpened, and the batteries will need to be replaced. If you don't have any other tools that use those batteries, it seems kind of useless to just keep something charged for one tool.

For pruning, I either use a manual extendable saw, or a pruning blade on my cordless reciprocating saw. I already have a dozen Makita batteries, so there really isn't any limit to how long I can use it. If you have cordless tools, it makes more sense to just get some good pruning blades and use what you have.

My wife also likes to use the cordless Reciprocating saw for pruning. She feels very comfortable and safe using it.

/ Mini-saw reviews? #16  
I wonder about the danger of these style of mini chain saws. At least a pole saw keeps the chain a respectable distance from body parts.
If it's used for what it's designed for, it's a safe way to trim branches (1" to 3")...if standing on the ground.
I have one, and I'd never use it when on a ladder.
That said, any branch less the 1½"...better (and safer) using a lopper

The bar on the one I have is 6"...personally, I wouldn't use it for a 6" branch...not even for a 4" or 5". That's what a chainsaw or pole saw is for. IMHO, those are much safer options

Last edited:
   / Mini-saw reviews?
I am a prophet of polesaws and own three of them but in the clearing situation I am doing now, they are not safe nor practical. The mini makita saw I have on order has a bar-brake like most saws do, and it small enough to be one hand operated. I'll try post pitcures of the bushs I'm clearing now after they are processed. (edited)

Last edited: