Mini-saw reviews?

/ Mini-saw reviews? #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
I had a fellow showed me a mini saw by stihl he had and I was rather impressed. Do you have one? If so, please tell us how you like it or any mini pruners like these, I'd love to hear about them.

GTA 26 Battery Garden Pruner​

Stihl GTA 26 Garden Pruner Specifications
  • Power Source: Stihl 12V AS 2 battery.
  • Bar Length: 4 inches.
  • Chain: 1/4 PM3.
  • Chain Speed: 26.3 ft/sec.
  • Weight: 2.7 lbs bare, 3.1 lbs with battery.
  • Oiling: Manual.
  • Price: $149.95.
d-action-4in-guide-1.png

Last edited:
   / Mini-saw reviews? #2  
Is this a post paid for by stihl?

/ Mini-saw reviews? #3  
.............Manual oiler, another small 1/4 chain from Sthil, Sthil battery and $149.

I'd rather pay more to get the Dewalt 20v electric pole saw.

/ Mini-saw reviews? #4  
I have the EGO pole saw...works great
I also have one of those mini chain saws...can't recall the brand. It's OK for small stuff---1 to 3 inches. Smaller, the branch just chatters, larger, better off with a regular chainsaw

If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't buy it. A decent quality loper does a better job

/ Mini-saw reviews? #7  
Got a Milwaukee for the wife. The M12 Hatchet. I tried getting her the DeWalt but it was too heavy for her. I got the Hatchet instead. That and a bigger battery. It has automatic oiler, uses cheaper saw blades comes with a 4amh battery but it doesn't have the easy blade adjust and doesn't have a case. There isn't even a case available or I would've got one. Wife says she loves it. I'll probably use it more than she will.

/ Mini-saw reviews? #8  
$28 Friskars loppers cut small branches just fine and never need recharging.

/ Mini-saw reviews? #9  
Got one recently and fired it up this week and on its first charge I was able to limb and cut up a volunteer peach tree on my neighbors yard that fell on our fence during a recent storm (definitely punching above it’s weight class) and afterwards prune back a bunch of overgrown fig trees, finishing just as the charge was depleted. The need to manually oil the chain is a hassle, but thinking even with an small, on-board oil reservoir you would still need to be very attentive to it. I like the ease of tightening the chain. Very handy indeed.

Researching mini chain saws I was amazed at the large number of models available online.

B06AC44B-9BD0-4867-9750-DAAA3EC8C705.jpeg

/ Mini-saw reviews?
Got one recently and fired it up this week and on its first charge I was able to limb and cut up a volunteer peach tree on my neighbors yard that fell on our fence during a recent storm (definitely punching above it’s weight class) and afterwards prune back a bunch of overgrown fig trees, finishing just as the charge was depleted. The need to manually oil the chain is a hassle, but thinking even with an small, on-board oil reservoir you would still need to be very attentive to it. I like the ease of tightening the chain. Very handy indeed.

Researching mini chain saws I was amazed at the large number of models available online.

View attachment 754120
And which one do you have?