Minatare JD2010

/ Minatare JD2010 #1  

Rarefish383

Tractor
John Deere X738
I bought a 318 new in 89. Life got in the way and I had to sell it a year later. Always wanted another. About 3 years ago one of my lawn customers said I could have his 318 with a broken rod for $300. Then I saw a custom made on an early JD 110, with tricycle front, V twin, independent electric brakes. Got the gears turning and decided to turn the 318 into a mini 2010. I had a real 2010 diesel when I was a kid. I'm pulling the Onan and plan on replacing it with a 2 cylinder Wisconsin. The old Wisconsin's have the sound of an old JD model B. Running hydraulic ports to the rear to power my dump trailer. There is a company that makes the square fenders with headlights in them that look like the 2010, and I found adapters to run 24" wheels off a Power King. I started the restoration of the dump trailer before I got the 318. here's how far I've gotten, Joe.
Gmd46T4.jpg

xbpDzE8.jpg

Q3OJWj8.jpg

XQzGUsv.jpg

BeYcxWJ.jpg

/ Minatare JD2010
I've been told I should just restore the 318, they are cool just by themselves. But, I have enough stock JD's. Here's my 265, X500, X540, and X738.
8muZ5RE.jpg

n1QOWQk.jpg

/ Minatare JD2010 #3  
Welcome to TBN nice work on the trailer and this looks like a fun project!

/ Minatare JD2010
Thanks, Country Manufacturing makes a trailer like this one. I thought mine was one of theirs, but I ordered some parts from them and they didn't fit. Maybe mine is just an older version, it's over 30 years old. They had this one on sale a few months ago, less wood, which is what I wanted, for around $7-800. I just looked and the sale is not listed. The complete wagon is $1400+. I want two of them so I can make a real set of "Wiggle Wagons" to display my chainsaw collection on at the fair. Here's a few of my saws, and the Custom JD 110 that got me started, Joe.
rFBeVOX.jpg

FMFniqF.jpg

4laqa2f.jpg

/ Minatare JD2010 #5  
Joe those are some old workhorse chainsaws for sure! Nice looking JD conversion too. I ran a JD 420 on the farm since 8 YO then we got a new JD 1020 wide front end in 1964 that was much nicer - used that for many years plowing, planting and baling hay.

/ Minatare JD2010
Joe those are some old workhorse chainsaws for sure! Nice looking JD conversion too. I ran a JD 420 on the farm since 8 YO then we got a new JD 1020 wide front end in 1964 that was much nicer - used that for many years plowing, planting and baling hay.
Sometimes I feel a little guilty if I post too many pics. I have about 70 chainsaws, most over 90CC's. Last fall I picked up one of the Holy Grails of chainsaw collecting, A Sachs Dolmar KMS4 Wankel Rotary Engine. It was made one year only 74 or 75, forget which one. it sat under a work bench from the late 70's till I got it. primed it through the carb and it fired right up. Put half a tank of mix in it, and it starts and runs great.