MILLER BOBCAT 225

/ MILLER BOBCAT 225 #1  

muddstopper

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ventrac, Steiner
Whats it worth. All I have seen is a picture. It appears to have the Onan 16-18 hp engine. 8000 watt generator, Supposed to only have about 250 hrs on it and stored in a basement. Pic isnt clear, but looks like some sort of small trailer, just big enough for welder to sit on and it has some leads, maybe 50ft from the size of the loops. I want to go look at the machine, but it having a Onan engine leads me to believe it might be a pretty old machine. Anyways, I sort of need a value before I actually talk to the owner.

/ MILLER BOBCAT 225 #2  
It's not that old if it's a Bobcat. Onan is a good engine and will give long life if taken care off. Tons of them out there. You can tell the year very easily on a Miller. The first 2 letters indicate the decade and year. Example, HF is 1975. H means 70's and F means 5. HA would be 1970. JA would 1980. KA would be 1990. LA would be 2000. Consonants are only used for the decade but all letters are used for the year. If it looks and works good, it could be worth $1000 and even more depending on the year and condition. Cables are worth a few bucks too. If the guy is asking something like $2000 is too much. Price out a new 8000 watt generator that doesn't even weld.:eek: Without seeing it I'd say under $1400 wouldn't be out of the question but under $1000 would be a good deal. I think Bobcats first came out in the 90's but the serial number will tell you. If it only has 250 hours it should start right up. Take some pictures if you can and let us see it before you decide.

/ MILLER BOBCAT 225
This welder was donated and is being raffled off for a benefit. Tickets are $2 ea, 3 for $5. After the drawing, there is going to be a auction. A lot of the folks buying raffle tickets dont really want the welder and plan on donating it back to the charity if they win to be auctioned off. I bought $50 worth of raffle tickets, but I never win anything, so I thought i would go to the auction prepared to bid. If I win, I plan on keeping the welder, but I will donate some more money to the charity. I probably wont get to look at the welder until the day of the auction. The picture on the flyer is kind of vague, but it is a 225G and thats about all I know about it.

/ MILLER BOBCAT 225 #4  
I've been looking for one for awhile.. the first one I saw I let go that had 2000 hours on it and long leads.. the guy wanted 800 bucks... I thought it was too much!! since then I haven't seen one for less than 1400.. most are around 2000.. I've seen some that look like they've been witthing outside in the rain for the last 10 years and they still are asking 1500-2000 bucks..

The same for Lincoln Rangers.. 1500-3000 usually.

/ MILLER BOBCAT 225 #5  
Examples:

bobcat.PNGranger.PNG

/ MILLER BOBCAT 225 #6  
I have a Miller Bobcat 250NT. I found mine at my local welding supply store. It was factory reconditioned w/ 19 hours on it. I paid $2200 for the welder / generator and then bought 80' of welding cable (40 each side), ground clamp, and stinger. When I bought mine new ones were selling for about 32-3400 plus accessories. Mine came on a pallet which I added 8" wheels to so I can roll it around. As long as it was taken care of it should be fine. Prices can vary as some of SoGeorgia's ads show. If you could get it for 1-1.5k I think you'd be stealing it. Or better yet win the raffle.

/ MILLER BOBCAT 225
Well, I didnt win the welder, didnt really think I would. I went to the auction with cash hoping to buy it from whoever did win it, but that person wasnt even at the drawing. Oh well, I did get a bargain on a camblehausfield air compressor, and the charities made a ton of money. One guy won a remington 700 22-250 with scope and 5 boxes of ammo. He donated it back to be auctioned off and it brought $950. I found out later that the guy who won it and then donated it back was also the high bidder for it thru the auction. Saw a coconut cake sell for $200, I think the same cake was auctioned off 3 or 4 more times before the night was out. Even tho I didnt win the welder, the event was well worth attending.

/ MILLER BOBCAT 225 #8  
Trying to buy from the winning bidder.:confused3: Why not just be the winning bidder and save some money? Nobody in their right mind would sell something they just bought at auction for the same price they paid for it. Especially if someone is obviously interested in it. I have offered to buy a certain item out of a box of misc. but it wasn't something I really had to have or I would have bought the whole box of stuff.

/ MILLER BOBCAT 225
Arc weld, you misunderstand. The welder and the gun where part of a raffle. Not part of the auction. The person that won the gun in the raffle donated the gun back to the charity and it was auctioned off. It just happened that the person that won the gun in the raffle and donated it back to the auction, was also the high bidder for the gun in the auction. There where several (lots) people that had raffle chances on the welder and some of those folks had already stated that if they won the welder, they too would donate it back to the charity to be auctioned off. My plans if I won the welder was to keep the welder, but donate a cash sum to the charity. In the event that someone else won the welder and didnt donate it back to the charity, then I had hoped to purchase the welder from the raffle winner. Since the person that won the welder wasnt present at the raffle drawing, it wasnt donated back to be auctioned off, nor was that person available to purchase the welder from.