Price Check MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #31  
While you're waiting for numbers . . I ended up with the GC1715 . . . and a number of people were saying it was a waste of the extra money for the higher level 15 vs the 05. I believe the EXACT same dufference are in the 20 vs 10.

I'll just share with you that the higher models in the gc lineup give you more than a $ 1200 or $1300 perceived difference.

The gc1720 seat has both a coil support AND a spring suspension which is more confortsble on bumps and smoothness. In addition they look similar is color and "general" shape but their support and width are different. In other words . seats are a bug difference.

Extra work light is nice for pre wiring purposes but not a big deal.

Engine differences are a couple horse power and really shows up in power at the higher rpms.

Any way I could get you to take a picture of the spring suspension? Does it has adjustable preload? If no pic - can you elaborate a little on how it works? I am assuming that the entire seat "bounces" up and down over bumps basically like an air ride seat in a truck or a tractor seat on a bigger tractor..... If thats the case im def sold on a 1720 instead of 1710

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #32  
This is the most recent thread I could find with 1710 pricing in it.

Wow, have prices gone down or are they just a lot less around here?

I was quoted $15,571 for the 1710 TLB including delivery, no tax. I will actually pay the tax because it's owed. Not sure how they get around not charging it unless they are using a third party for delivery. They are located in MA and I am in VT. Delivering on your own truck creates a "presence" where ever you go, and you are required to collect tax if you have a presence in VT.

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #33  

I was quoted $15,571 for the 1710 TLB including delivery, no tax. I will actually pay the tax because it's owed. Not sure how they get around not charging it unless they are using a third party for delivery. They are located in MA and I am in VT. Delivering on your own truck creates a "presence" where ever you go, and you are required to collect tax if you have a presence in VT.

A problem with the prices you see - is not about them dropping in price - but in the posters DEFINING the price. My pet peeve is the "out the door" concept. That is meaningless because it doesn't define how it is financed, any special rebates, sales tax or delivery or equipment add-ons. In addition - geography plays a big part in the story. If you are near Georgia the costs will be lower because shipping is lower. And if you are in Washington State shipping will be higher.

In addition - a big dealer can sell cheaper than a little dealer because of volume. Lastly - tires and model year "shelf" age make a difference. If the tractor was produced in 2013 or 2014 or 2016 its the same model - but its loader and backhoe would be different and the time its spent on the lot is much different - hence pricing changes.

Your price of $15,571 - is that ag tires/industrial/or turf? Do you have a block heater or optional lights or 3rd valve? How about grill guard or number of hours on the tractor or loaded rear ? Is the unit a demo or display unit? I'm suspicious of 15,571 because that seems like a very very low price for a new MF GC1710 TLB. If its that low of a price and it is a new unit - Its either a mistake by the dealership or they want to just give you money. Apparently you must be paying for it outright - so you are getting all the rebate.

By the way - if that price was given to you in late April - you'll want to check it again because its now early May and each month prices and promotions change.

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #34  

Seems like a great price. I don't think factory pricing has changed. I think list for a GC1710 is around $18.5K, so your price is right around 15% off, maybe a touch higher. Was this a cash deal? Lots of variables from financing, rebates, cash, dealer overhead, desire to sell, etc, etc, etc. But your price is definitely a good one!

My experience has been if you buy across state lines, no sales tax is collected. Maybe someone else can explain why....

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #35  
I paid $17,900, cash for a 1710 in February of 2016...

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #36  
MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check

A problem with the prices you see - is not about them dropping in price - but in the posters DEFINING the price. My pet peeve is the "out the door" concept. That is meaningless because it doesn't define how it is financed, any special rebates, sales tax or delivery or equipment add-ons. In addition - geography plays a big part in the story. If you are near Georgia the costs will be lower because shipping is lower. And if you are in Washington State shipping will be higher.

In addition - a big dealer can sell cheaper than a little dealer because of volume. Lastly - tires and model year "shelf" age make a difference. If the tractor was produced in 2013 or 2014 or 2016 its the same model - but its loader and backhoe would be different and the time its spent on the lot is much different - hence pricing changes.

Your price of $15,571 - is that ag tires/industrial/or turf? Do you have a block heater or optional lights or 3rd valve? How about grill guard or number of hours on the tractor or loaded rear ? Is the unit a demo or display unit? I'm suspicious of 15,571 because that seems like a very very low price for a new MF GC1710 TLB. If its that low of a price and it is a new unit - Its either a mistake by the dealership or they want to just give you money. Apparently you must be paying for it outright - so you are getting all the rebate.

By the way - if that price was given to you in late April - you'll want to check it again because its now early May and each month prices and promotions change.

It doesn't matter to me if rebates etc are included, all I care about is what I'm paying. As I said, it doesn't include tax because they aren't charging it, and delivery is included.

I got the price today.

It is just the bare TLB. It's the only one they have on the lot, so it could be low because they don't sell many and just keep one to sell and this one has been gathering dust, or it could be it's a high price because they sell a lot and if they sell it they won't have one available until their next shipment.

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #37  
Seems like a great price. I don't think factory pricing has changed. I think list for a GC1710 is around $18.5K, so your price is right around 15% off, maybe a touch higher. Was this a cash deal? Lots of variables from financing, rebates, cash, dealer overhead, desire to sell, etc, etc, etc. But your price is definitely a good one!

My experience has been if you buy across state lines, no sales tax is collected. Maybe someone else can explain why....

I assume it's a cash price, that's how I would buy it.

As for tax and state lines, we have dealt in many states as a business, and every one that charges tax requires that any business who has a "presence" in that state is required to collect tax for them, regardless of where the home office is. Things that qualify as "presence" include:
Having an office/store
Salesperson on the ground (including commission-only independents)
Delivery truck

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #38  

That price is not unreasonable. I paid quite a bit less than that last summer when I bought my 1710. I'm in IN and bought from a small local dealer with excellent pre- and post-sale service. The unit I bought was fresh (it was enroute to the dealer along with several other GCs while I was negotiating). I got industrial tires and a few fairly low cost extras (like the ROPS light guards) included in the deal but no major add on (I didn't buy a mower deck) so it's not like they quoted low on my tractor but overcharged on add ons). I paid cash but could have financed through agco at that price at all but the 0% options (I think 3-4 % was available depending on loan term). Delivery was included as well (and I received a couple hours of "training" at delivery to learn the ins and outs of this machine.
I understand it's not always straight forward to compare prices but I think dnw64 posted the relevant factors. Tire type really doesn't make a significant difference ($50-$70 maybe?)
Dealer costs do change month to month since dealer incentives change so a great deal today might not be available next month or the best deal possible today may be easily beat next month. Of course, some dealers don't pass on the incentives which keeps their prices more consistent.
By the way, the best way to buy is through the equine program if you qualify (would have saved me another $200 but I didn't meet the requirements). The equine program price is fixed and independent of current incentives. I'm not sure if it differs by location though.

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #39  
That's a lot of tractor for the money. I paid more, and am very satisfied with the performance of the tractor.

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #40  
That price is not unreasonable. I paid quite a bit less than that last summer when I bought my 1710. I'm in IN and bought from a small local dealer with excellent pre- and post-sale service. The unit I bought was fresh (it was enroute to the dealer along with several other GCs while I was negotiating). I got industrial tires and a few fairly low cost extras (like the ROPS light guards) included in the deal but no major add on (I didn't buy a mower deck) so it's not like they quoted low on my tractor but overcharged on add ons). I paid cash but could have financed through agco at that price at all but the 0% options (I think 3-4 % was available depending on loan term). Delivery was included as well (and I received a couple hours of "training" at delivery to learn the ins and outs of this machine.
I understand it's not always straight forward to compare prices but I think dnw64 posted the relevant factors. Tire type really doesn't make a significant difference ($50-$70 maybe?)
Dealer costs do change month to month since dealer incentives change so a great deal today might not be available next month or the best deal possible today may be easily beat next month. Of course, some dealers don't pass on the incentives which keeps their prices more consistent.
By the way, the best way to buy is through the equine program if you qualify (would have saved me another $200 but I didn't meet the requirements). The equine program price is fixed and independent of current incentives. I'm not sure if it differs by location though.

The Massey website indicates the Massey MSRP on a gc1710 is $18,817 without delivery

$ 15,571 with delivery seems like a strikingly low price (3,240 dollars discounted plus delivery included).

And you stated. "I paid quite a bit less than that last summer when I bought my 1710."

Wow, you must love your dealer because he's willing to work for free.