Price Check MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #21  
Im also interested in buying a GC1720 in the next few months. Can anyone recommend a dealer within 200 miles of Chicago or Northwest Indiana?

Scsbronco,

A name to consider within your stated radius is the following:

McFarlane Mfg. Co. Inc.
P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583
Phone: 1.800.627.8569

McFarlane.net

Sauk City is a community of only 3600 people in a prosperous farming area . . and McFarlane's employs just over 250 people.

I drove 120+ miles to purchase from thrm after getting quotes from many others. If you have a wife or girlfriend . . take her along. About 14 or 15 Kubota models (scuts and cuts) and 8 or 10 Massey models (scuts and cuts) are on display INSIDE. Its clean, heated, dust free, and open and hours of operation are 7 days a week including evenings.

Make no mistake . . . they are small town friendly and big business by any measure of size and capability.

There are many good dealers who can sell and service Massey and Kubota. . I picked McFarlane's because it was very attractive in many ways and an experience to see as well.

Ask for Chuck Woods. He'll respond promptly for quotes or questions . . he can even deliver and train :)

Tell him Axlehub suggested you visit :)

just my opinion . . and my wife wants to go back to see the store at Christmas time (biggest True Value Hardware store I've ever seen).

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #22  
Scsbronco,

A name to consider within your stated radius is the following:

McFarlane Mfg. Co. Inc.
P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583
Phone: 1.800.627.8569

McFarlane.net

Sauk City is a community of only 3600 people in a prosperous farming area . . and McFarlane's employs just over 250 people.

I drove 120+ miles to purchase from thrm after getting quotes from many others. If you have a wife or girlfriend . . take her along. About 14 or 15 Kubota models (scuts and cuts) and 8 or 10 Massey models (scuts and cuts) are on display INSIDE. Its clean, heated, dust free, and open and hours of operation are 7 days a week including evenings.

Make no mistake . . . they are small town friendly and big business by any measure of size and capability.

There are many good dealers who can sell and service Massey and Kubota. . I picked McFarlane's because it was very attractive in many ways and an experience to see as well.

Ask for Chuck Woods. He'll respond promptly for quotes or questions . . he can even deliver and train :)

just my opinion . . and my wife wants to go back to see the store at Christmas time (biggest True Value Hardware store I've ever seen).
I appreciate the suggestion. My in-laws are in Brookfield Wi. I ll give them a shout. Im waiting on some checks to come in then its off to a dealer!

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #23  
I got it from goffs in Ct, family owned which I like. Salesmen is Justin. Seem like really nice people, don't have any long term review as I just bought it. mistakes have been made no biggy. But so far they are being honorable and making everything right. That to me is worth everything to do future business with people.

Tell em Niko sent you!

This past June I was staying with friends (I live in WI) in a neighboring town to Litchfield and decided to stop by Goff's. GC 1710's/ GC 1720's are non-existent in my neck of the woods and wanted to take look. I explained that I just visiting friends, lived in Wisconsin and was "just looking" ... ended up talking to Tim Goff for about an hour- he was kind enough to answer my many questions. If you like smaller Masseys, Goff's is nirvana. He believes in what he sells. If I lived in the area and was looking to buy a SCUT/CUT, Goffs would be my first stop.

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #24  

Sounds like they've recovered from the fire. I've heard good things about them ... too bad they're 3 1/2+ hours away.

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #25  
Sounds like they've recovered from the fire. I've heard good things about them ... too bad they're 3 1/2+ hours away.

"Recovered" would be an understatement. I saw pictures of what they looked like prior to the fire of a few years ago. Now you could put several of the former buildings into just the new one. :)

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #26  
Mine should be in mid next week. Going with a 1710. Cant wait!!

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check
Mine should be in mid next week. Going with a 1710. Cant wait!!

I just got my GC 1720 with snow blade on FEL & MMM today with filled tires. Pics to come soon. It's like a early christmas.

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #28  
I just got my 1710 last friday. The first thing I did was detach everything to make sure I could put it back together. Since last friday i've put on 4.7 hours, woohoo.

It does seem like the platform and backhoe areas are slippery when you have muddy boots. I was pulling out some stumps over the weekend and I about pulled something getting on and off the platform.

I think i need to add some of these to the operator areas.

3M 2 in. x 15 ft. Safety Walk Step and Ladder Tread Tape-7635NA - The Home Depot

Overall I'm quite impressed with the tractor :D

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check #29  
I just got my 1710 last friday. The first thing I did was detach everything to make sure I could put it back together.

It does seem like the platform and backhoe areas are slippery when you have muddy boots. I was pulling out some stumps over the weekend and I about pulled something getting on and off the platform.

So you almost pulled a different form of a "stump" lol

New topic . . Welcome to the massey scut family :)

/ MF GC1710 & 1720 Price Check
I just got my 1710 last friday. The first thing I did was detach everything to make sure I could put it back together. Since last friday i've put on 4.7 hours, woohoo.

I think i need to add some of these to the operator areas.

3M 2 in. x 15 ft. Safety Walk Step and Ladder Tread Tape-7635NA - The Home Depot

I was thinking the samething. Needs some skateboard tape there.

I am doing the samething to the mower deck where you drive over. Add some grip tape there easier to drive over.

I see you ended up going with Maibach as well.

Does your mower deck lock into place?