MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab

/ MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab #1  

Canuckz

Tractor
Zetor, Massey Ferguson
Going to post this thread here and in the Massey Ferguson section to see if anyone had compared these MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab in their search for a new compact tractor? I went and sat/test drove the MF 2850M and I really liked it. I have read and heard good things about the Yanmar tractors and my local dealership just became a dealer for them. I have to travel about an hour to go look at some that are on another dealership lot but my local dealer can get them delivered if I like them. The price seems attractive.

My shopping experience so far looking at 45-60hp cab tractors:
The Kubota Grand L's are great but they are just so expensive. Dealerships in the area have not been super awesome in customer service with my other Kubota equipment.
John Deere 4xxx are super expensive and my local dealer has barely any models on the lot to actually see.
Kioti and Bobcat were meh.
TYM and Mahindra offer great price but I worry about dealership long-term as I am stuck with a Zetor now with no support. They also did not have the cab versions on the lot to check out in person that I was interested in.
Case 55C was meh.
New Holland Boomer was kinda meh too.

That pretty much represents all in my area of 40 minute drive radius.

The MF 2850M really impressed me but it is quite expensive, almost as much as the Kubota. From the videos and things I have read about Yanmar they sound great but it is all I have to go off of as I do not know anyone that has one nor have I seen one in person yet.

/ MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab #2  
Double posts are frowned upon.

/ MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab #3  
FYI, Kubota is still offering 0 percent financing on all models.

/ MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab
Not sure that is correct as sadly up in Canada we do not get as good as incentives and financing as our American friends. but I will double check on their current promotions with the dealer again.

/ MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab #5  
I can't really compare the two cabs having never been in MF tractor you speak of. I can provide some feedback from a long time of using the YT359 with cab.

There is no provision for air flow from the front of the cab. This forces you to either turn on the air circulation system or open the wing windows as a potential remedy. The left wing window lets in the exhaust fumes most of the time.

If you run outside air into the air circulatio system the air filter is small and loads up rapidly. Interior only circulation requires you close up all windows.

That then forces the operator to either close up and run the AC or...open either of the main doors for air flow.
The rear window can be opened but if you are running in a dusty or pollen laden environment you are going to take a bath.
Any implement in an high carry position will get in the way of opening the rear window.

The side doors are mostly glass with a minimal frame for support. Great air flow though when open. If you mow and have any hard object hit an open door it will shatter into a thousand pieces. Nice $1000 replacement cost. Window guards protect against that but are a hassle and not cheap.
I can't figure out why they did not design the cab with at least a small air flap in the front of the cab. Lots of glass, minimal air flow is a big problem with this cab.

If you have long legs the seat position is not very practical as it can't be slid back very far. Makes sense if you are short legged.

Sound reduction is minimal, too much glass. Great visibility is the trade off.

/ MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab
Thank you for your detailed response. When sitting in the YT cab it did feel like a huge bubble. They nice sight lines were appreciated but I had concerns that the cab looked like quite a bit made from just glass, which seems fragile and expensive to fix. I thought that a random rock tossed from brush hog or ricochet as well as some tree branch could really ruin my day. I was impressed with the overall build quality and the IHS system from my limited seat time in it but out of all the brands I have tested so far, the Yanmar cab option is crazy expensive compared to the others. The YT235 is like $13k more for a cab here in Canada, where other brands a CAB option generally runs around $7-10k more on average. If I end up with the Yanmar, it may likely be the open station model. The MF so far has been my favourite but it is just so expensive. Basically in the Kubota and John Deere territory for pricing. How has your Yanmar been for reliability? I have read and hear great things but they just started selling them in our area this year so my information is based on internet and YouTube.

/ MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab #7  
I looked at and test drove both. I bought a massey 2860M. I have a write-up about it in the buying section. They are both very nice machines but I just liked the Massey Cab and features more.