MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab

/ MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab #1  

Canuckz

Tractor
Zetor, Massey Ferguson
Going to post this thread here and in the Yanmar section to see if anyone had compared these MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab in their search for a new compact tractor? I went and sat/test drove the MF 2850M and I really liked it. I have read and heard good things about the Yanmar tractors and my local dealership just became a dealer for them. I have to travel about an hour to go look at some that are on another dealership lot but my local dealer can get them delivered if I like them. The price seems attractive.

My shopping experience so far looking at 45-60hp cab tractors:
The Kubota Grand L's are great but they are just so expensive. Dealerships in the area have not been super awesome in customer service with my other Kubota equipment.
John Deere 4xxx are super expensive and my local dealer has barely any models on the lot to actually see.
Kioti and Bobcat were meh.
TYM and Mahindra offer great price but I worry about dealership long-term as I am stuck with a Zetor now with no support. They also did not have the cab versions on the lot to check out in person that I was interested in.
Case 55C was meh.
New Holland Boomer was kinda meh too.

That pretty much represents all in my area of 40 minute drive radius.

The MF 2850M really impressed me but it is quite expensive, almost as much as the Kubota.

/ MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab #2  
They're both very nice tractors, but you'll probably get more for your money with the Yanmar YT. Specifically, with the Yanmar you get dual rear remotes standard, the more advanced and efficient integrated Hydro-Mechanical Transmission (iHMT), and rear tires loaded. Also, the Yanmar has a better warranty, 10 year power train, and I think 3000hr bumper to bumper (verify if I'm correct on that). They both have about the same weight, wheelbase, and loader lift capacity. Yanmar doesn't use turbochargers while the Massey does, up to you what you prefer. I'd test drive both, see how you like the iHMT, then get price quotes for each equipped the same. I'm thinking the Yanmar will offer more for your money, and they're a top tier Japanese manufacturer that builds the entire tractor including the engine and puts their name on it, no trade names or rebranding.

/ MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab #3  
The MF2850M is the premium tractor, 100% the equal of Deer/Kubota, and frankly, priced like one. There is also the 2850E, with less premium features, that may or may not be a direct comparison to the Yanmar.

/ MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab #4  
I seen some place besides the 10 yr warranty there
was a 3 yr bumper to bumper warranty can't find it now

$4,500CASH REBATE(UP TO)
YT359 Tractor Model

0% - 5.99%APR FINANCINGFOR UP TO 84 MONTHS
Yanmar Tractors

willy

/ MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab
Thank you for the replies everyone. I will take the drive up to the dealer that actually has the YT359 cab in stock and hopefully test drive the iHMT system. The Yanmar YT359 cab is around $12k cheaper than the MF 2860M here in Canada so it is definitely worth a better look and comparison. On paper the specs are pretty close.

/ MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab #6  
Thank you for the replies everyone. I will take the drive up to the dealer that actually has the YT359 cab in stock and hopefully test drive the iHMT system. The Yanmar YT359 cab is around $12k cheaper than the MF 2860M here in Canada so it is definitely worth a better look and comparison. On paper the specs are pretty close.
Keep in mind, the 2860 qualifies for no sales tax in Canada. It has to be over 60 hp for that, which the 2860 is.
The Yanmar may not qualify for that.
Are you aware that there are two cab versions of the 2860? Makes a difference.

Keep in mind, the 2860 qualifies for no sales tax in Canada. It has to be over 60 hp for that, which the 2860 is.
The Yanmar may not qualify for that.
Are you aware that there are two cab versions of the 2860? Makes a difference.
Oh, I will have to look into that no sales tax component further but what I found was "With respect to tractors, the zero-rating provision specifies that the tractor must be designed for farm use and
have a rating of at least 44.74 kW at power takeoff (60 PTO h.p.) to be zero-rated.
" so I am unsure if this would still work as the 2860 45ptohp.

Yes, my local dealership only brings in the Deluxe cab versions unless customers special order the regular cab, such as municipalities, etc. but thank you for pointing that out.

/ MF 2850M/2860M Deluxe Cab vs Yanmar YT347/359 Cab #8  
Oh, I will have to look into that no sales tax component further but what I found was "With respect to tractors, the zero-rating provision specifies that the tractor must be designed for farm use and
have a rating of at least 44.74 kW at power takeoff (60 PTO h.p.) to be zero-rated.
" so I am unsure if this would still work as the 2860 45ptohp.

Yes, my local dealership only brings in the Deluxe cab versions unless customers special order the regular cab, such as municipalities, etc. but thank you for pointing that out.
Local Kubota dealer brought this up on a MX6000. Then another Kubota dealer mentioned it on a YouTube video reviewing the MX6000.
And finally the Massey dealer confirmed that the 2860 qualifies for hobby farm use.

Local Kubota dealer brought this up on a MX6000. Then another Kubota dealer mentioned it on a YouTube video reviewing the MX6000.
And finally the Massey dealer confirmed that the 2860 qualifies for hobby farm use.
My Massey dealer is adamant that it does not qualify due to not having 60pto horsepower. He said the only thing he could sell me to qualify is the 4710 and as far as he knows the only HST tractor that would qualify is the JD 4075R. Not sure if I should ask another MF dealer or not but I will try.