Ordering a YT 359, tire ?

/ Ordering a YT 359, tire ? #1  

KeithT

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510HST SE
Hello,

I am putting a deposit on a YT359 tomorrow. I am firmly in the R1 tire camp for my usage. Here is my dilemma.

My local dealer can get me the 359 but only with R4’s. I have a dealer in NC that has the 359 on their lot and has R1’s available. Same cost, I want to support my local dealer, who I have used for 15 years for Stihl and Dolmar. But the inability to get R1’s may be a dealbreaker.

From my endless reading in the tire forums, it seems not all R4 are the same. So to you Yanmar 300 series owners; what are your thoughts on the R4 that came on your tractor? I work a lot in wet ground and mud. And wintertime I maintain a 1/4 mile paved driveway with a 12% grade in one place. I do not run chains as I don’t want to tear up my drive. R1’s have worked well for me in 2 different Kioti’s , currently a CK3510 HSE.

Thank you in advance. -Keith

/ Ordering a YT 359, tire ? #2  
I understand your dilemma. I have 80 acres. Open pine forests. AND a mile long, gravel driveway. R4's simply would not work for me. I don't understand why your local dealer can't get R-1's for you. Get the tractor with the tires you will need.

Give your local guy a chance. TELL HIM - it's a deal breaker. If he can't get the tires you need - go elsewhere.

For me - in my case - it would be beyond inconvenient. It would be an absolute safety problem if I had to operate my Kubota M6040 on R-4's.

/ Ordering a YT 359, tire ?
Yes, I have thought about it. Watched a couple more videos on YouTube this morning. I’m not budging, it has to be R1’s, again for my usage. I’m going to my local dealer this morning with the checkbook, but I’m not writing that check unless I get the R1’s