MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #161  
Just a bad design as previously stated. Even if new replacement uprights were obtained, I would seriously look at some reinforcing to prevent this issue. I'm not a fan of these FEL mounts that have no supporting structure to the front of the tractor.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #162  
Commercial backhoes are built a little differently than a 3 point hitch mount BH. If the tractor BH has a subframe mount it's all good however, if it's a 3PH mount with no subframe (like the picture shows), the game plan is much different and the chance of casting failure becomes much greater and that is why subframes are supplied with all OEM backhoes today.

Not that I have one because I don't. Did in the past but it's long gone.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #163  
Instead of just going through the tractor manufacturer, I would be reaching out to the loader manufacturer too. Maybe they would be more willing to work with the customer.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #164  
Commercial backhoes are built a little differently than a 3 point hitch mount BH. If the tractor BH has a subframe mount it's all good however, if it's a 3PH mount with no subframe (like the picture shows), the game plan is much different and the chance of casting failure becomes much greater and that is why subframes are supplied with all OEM backhoes today.

Oh okay....I don't know anything about three point hitch backhoes. I would never buy one of those. Mine is subframe mount.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #165  
This most recent (last 25 +/- years) breed of detachable loaders has lost the rigid forward support of the loader towers. This is great for engine access and service as there's always a pair of beefy metal components running out to the front with the "old style" but these 2 point mounts really puts the engineers to the test.
Searching for these pictures, it looks like Deere still uses this additional front support on the smaller models, but the Kubota is more typical of what I see on today's tractors.
Screenshot_20230601-135119_DuckDuckGo.jpg

These bars are down low but have to take the rotational forces to the towers.
Screenshot_20230601-135043_DuckDuckGo.jpg

This is what I'm calling the old style or design.
Screenshot_20230601-135104_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Typical of today's tractors. Imagine the load path and the difficulties that creates.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #166  
Is that suppose to be an issue? Anyways, there is another thread that I couldn't find the other day where someone in Australia also had the same breaking issue and he didn't have a backhoe.

View attachment 803450
Right,
SOP for full size TLB's
No way I would try it with a 3 point mount backhoe on a utility or CUT.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #167  
Looking at the newer Kubota's, you are correct, they have no front facing steel to disburse the forces. Mine both do and yes, it makes servicing somewhat dicey at times, but still doable.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #168  
Front facing brackets that distribute the forces aren't necessarily a solution, they can just create more welds and service/inspection points that can possibly fail. The Kubota in the picture has only a couple highly stressed points of potential failure in the loader bracket. Obviously that's a very seriously engineered component. Manufacturers often add additional brackets, gussets and do-hicky's in order to avoid the costs of serious engineering. Instead, they bootstrap a solution that'll probably work most of the time as long as it's serviced and inspected regularly, which often doesn't happen.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #169  
Doubling the inches of weld bead (forward support) and a straight on approach to the loading is usually the winner by distributing the load.
As for Kubota's design, I'm hoping it's highly engineered, that's what I have. 😆
The portion that stays with the tractor is a large cast segment on each side and the rest of the "tower" is fabricated.👍

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #170  

I have a 3pth Woods 750 but will not put it on my Kubota again. I thought that as long as I was careful it wouldn't be a problem, yet there is also a lot of sideways stress and I don't need to replace the rear housing.

This is getting off topic but the OP hasn't been around to give us an update.